Sign in to follow this  
Miyaksue

HI. "New" to the NV world

1 year and 25k miles driving my NV2500, I can say I'm pretty happy with this vehicle.  But nothing is perfect, it has proved to be a bit challenging to find accessories for it.  

Good vibes to all 

Welcome. Business use or personal? 

What kind of accessories are you looking for?

There is a good bit of stuff out there.  It's no Jeep, but still has a lot of potential.

Just now, radin2son said:

Welcome. Business use or personal? 

Thank you.  I use it for work and leisure as I have different setups for it.

Just now, crusty said:

What kind of accessories are you looking for?

There is a good bit of stuff out there.  It's no Jeep, but still has a lot of potential.

The first letdown was window visors which I find quite convenient.  Other things like an apparent short supply of aftermarket wheels are a bit annoying TBH

Cheers  

Found them visors and good deal of wheel setups.  So far so good.

let's see how we do with shocks..

IIRC the shock choices were OEM, Gabriel, or Monroe, then a slew of knockoffs.  No factory bolt in from rancho/fox/etc.  I ended up going with the Monroe, IIRC, since they are listed as the heavy duty option on RockAuto's part selector, although the Gabriel are known for a stiffer ride.  I'm pretty sure I have the order correct. 

I wish there were in-channel visors.  I am not a fan of the stick on ones.

Where you'll fall short, in my experience, is that there are no LSD options, there are no cheap 4wd options, and there are no cheap bumper options.  American Van has a cheap roofrack.  As for wheels, there are options but not as many as you'd think when you start looking at backspacing and offset, because of the slider.  There is an extender that is made to give you another 1.5" of clearance or so.  

As Crusty asked, if you give us an idea of what you are looking for, all the available options have been explored extensively here.  If you are handy with tools/welders, the sky is the limit, or at least whatever the legal bumper height is in your home state. ?

Welcome to the forums.

38 minutes ago, Local Apparent Friday said:

IIRC the shock choices were OEM, Gabriel, or Monroe, then a slew of knockoffs.  No factory bolt in from rancho/fox/etc.  I ended up going with the Monroe, IIRC, since they are listed as the heavy duty option on RockAuto's part selector, although the Gabriel are known for a stiffer ride.  I'm pretty sure I have the order correct. 

I wish there were in-channel visors.  I am not a fan of the stick on ones.

Where you'll fall short, in my experience, is that there are no LSD options, there are no cheap 4wd options, and there are no cheap bumper options.  American Van has a cheap roofrack.  As for wheels, there are options but not as many as you'd think when you start looking at backspacing and offset, because of the slider.  There is an extender that is made to give you another 1.5" of clearance or so.  

As Crusty asked, if you give us an idea of what you are looking for, all the available options have been explored extensively here.  If you are handy with tools/welders, the sky is the limit, or at least whatever the legal bumper height is in your home state. ?

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you.  I'll check American van out.

There is a Bilstein option as well.  Look at the Titan XD.  That will work in the front, not sure about the rear.

The wheel bolt pattern is crazy common.  8 on 6½" bolt circle.  Used by GM, Ford, Dodge, International Harvester, and I think even Jeep for decades.  In the late 90's they started coming out with new bolt patterns and by the mid 2010s there are only a few still using that bolt pattern.  The hard part is finding good backspacing/offset.  There are options out there.  Make sure they have a load rating on them.  Somewhere last year I saw a post of some bling polished wheels that cracked where the spokes meet the hoop.  Style over substance.

I ended up installing the monroe magnum shocks.  I'm looking forward to doing bilstein struts in the near future.  I have also been told Rough country and TRQ have options for the NV2500, does anyone know anything about those other options?      

Anything rough country most likely wouldn't be directly for the NV, but for the titan in some iteration.  I don't see anything on their site, but I'm just choosing generic XD in 2wd, which I don't even know if that's real.  As for TRQ, that's on par with like 1aa.  I'd buy a real brand before I went that route, but YMMV.  In my case, I went with monroe and was able to find them half price on ebay from someone that bought them and sold their van.  This of course all assumes bolt in and standard config.  It would be nice if I could find something that was tall enough to allow me to remove the leveling spacers I'm running.