dslavin123

Sliding door stuck

Hello,

I have a 2015 Nissan NV 2500 hd... The side sliding door is stuck. It will not open.. I can pull the handle from inside and outside., but it will not open. This has happened before and I opened the inside door panel and have full access to all the cables. I was able to manually pull the cables and it opened.. I still have complete access to the cables and  it will not open  Any suggestions.?

thx

I had this same issue and it sounds like it has been somewhat common.  It would happen for me after travel on rough back country roads.  My fix was to readjust the slider door per the shop manual (section DLK-102) and since I did this it hasn't happened since.  It took me about an hour in the parking lot of some grocery store out in the middle of nowhere after coming back from the Mojave and having my door held shut with a bungee cord because I didn't want to close it and then have the problem of trying to re-open it.  Attached is a copy of that section of the manual in case you don't have access to it.  Good luck.

DLK.pdf

Thank you for the reply and info.  Actually, I think my problem is the opposite, my door is stuck closed.. I press the handle from inside an outside and it just to not open. I can feel the pressure in the cables and it just stops there. Any thoughts?

Sorry for the late reply.  Have been on the road for the last few weeks.  Actually, my problem was the same as yours.  I couldn't open the door until I took off the inside panel and pulled really hard on the release cable.  I was then afraid to re-close the door because I didn't want it stuck closed.  I believe the door being out of adjustment caused the latch to bind up when closed.  After adjusting the door per the manual I haven't had the problem since and I have definitely gone on many rough roads since.  Good luck.