Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Bug screens

If you are looking for a bug screen, here is what I installed.

Rear:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQKJLT8B?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Fit is exact as it was designed for high roof NV. Shown below are two set ups -  for both doors opened and just for one.

Sliding door: modified Sprinter 2003-2006 T1N version from BugWall. Ask Dutch (dutch@thebugwall.com) for details.

20230610_130755.jpg

20230610_131651.jpg

20230521_151757.jpg

20230522_164158.jpg

Kinda funny that the rear is exact fit and the slider is modified, bc the rear looks like a bunched up mess, and the slider looks like a perfect fit.

The rear screen is very flexible and slider one is quite rigid so it gives that appearance difference. Moneywise $97 vs $349

Sorta like a shower curtain. But, it allows for easy exit/access?

Our Sketterbeater rear screen with magnets doesn’t. The same for the homemade slider screen. 

Screen has two halves with magnets to close. Test runs after installation shown no issues to get in/out. However only real life usage will tell all pros and cons.  

Local Apparent Friday,

thanks for your appreciation of my build. Will be happy if it will motivates you for the modifications. 

That is why I have a modular units system with 80/20 extrusions/components all around to make easier my future's changes. If you will come up with something revolutionary, changing your layout, I will be able to borrow your ideas and to do fast implementation.  

Edited by Andy

Magnets should work better than Velcro or zipper. Less annoying sound if nothing else.