Sign in to follow this  
Bobby54

Thinking about buying a NV3500 Van.

Hi. New here and thinking about buying a NV 3500 Van and will do some research before buying. I would like to know if it's good in the snow in Michigan? I had a E-150 Ford Van and it was real bad in the snow. Too light weight in the back. 

Thanks. 

I've only had my NV for a couple months, but I live in Michigan, so I'll let you know how it does!

I had a GMC Savana 1500 before this. It was an absolute snow beast. I expect the NV to be just as good if not better. I'm quite opinionated on this topic, and it's hard to convey with words, but good snow tires make an absolutely unbelievable difference. Rubber built for the snow makes nearly any vehicle claw through the white stuff with ease. Tirerack has sales going on now!

I've only had my NV for a couple months, but I live in Michigan, so I'll let you know how it does!

I had a GMC Savana 1500 before this. It was an absolute snow beast. I expect the NV to be just as good if not better. I'm quite opinionated on this topic, and it's hard to convey with words, but good snow tires make an absolutely unbelievable difference. Rubber built for the snow makes nearly any vehicle claw through the white stuff with ease. Tirerack has sales going on now!

I have to agree 1000%.  I can promise you that you'll be just fine if you invest in a pair of quality snow tires.  They make all the difference in the world.

Chris

Trucks & vans aren't really that much different when it comes to snow. They are both rear wheel drive. They are both very light in the rear if you aren't hauling anything. 

I live in the South & we don't get alot of deep snow. Every once in a great while we do. That's why I have about 10 Hvy Duty concrete blocks that weigh about 50-60 lbs a piece. Put them directly over the rear axle with some decent snow tires & go where you want..

Hey Bobby- did you but one or are you still considering? I just bought a 2500 and have driven it in light snow and it was fine; in fact", the traction control wouldn't let me slide the back end out. I live just outside of Detroit..

Hey Bobby- did you but one or are you still considering? I just bought a 2500 and have driven it in light snow and it was fine; in fact", the traction control wouldn't let me slide the back end out. I live just outside of Detroit..

I'm going to buy a 2013 NV2500 Van with 31,000 miles on it for 22,000                  Thanks.