Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Hi all! I heard there were specs here.

Hi all,

I am building out an NV2500. I heard there are spec sheets here! Interior dimensions would be a great starting point. I love my NV.

Do you know if anyone has put air shocks on yet? I got to see Andy and his awesome build in person! WOW, the details on his build were immaculate.

I am free-spirited, living on borrowed time, a hospice survivor biohacker.

Joyfulness and beauty to all! 

Joanne

Search NV CARGO - Nissan USA. 

This will bring up a 2021 pdf file. Nice that there were no changes during the 10 year run. 

On 11/16/2023 at 10:34 AM, radin2son said:

Search NV CARGO - Nissan USA. 

This will bring up a 2021 pdf file. Nice that there were no changes during the 10 year run. 

Gosh when I do. the engine only brings up this thread. 

Sorry, Should have been more specific. (I have never had much luck with searches on this site or copying info to this forum.)

Google “Nissan NV specs” and it should come up after a bunch of bogus sites that want to sell NVs. 

Scroll down to NV CARGO - Nissan USA. The pdf file is the 2021 brochure. 

4 hours ago, radin2son said:

Sorry, Should have been more specific. (I have never had much luck with searches on this site or copying info to this forum.)

Google “Nissan NV specs” and it should come up after a bunch of bogus sites that want to sell NVs. 

Scroll down to NV CARGO - Nissan USA. The pdf file is the 2021 brochure. 

Thanks! Found it! 

Post some photos of your project and travels. 

Enjoy your free spirited borrowed time. Impressive! 

On 11/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, radin2son said:

Post some photos of your project and travels. 

Enjoy your free spirited borrowed time. Impressive! 

Thanks! Here she is getting her fan installed. It was kind of funny. One of the office guys lectured me about his cancer. Yikes! I didn't tell him my medical history. Lol. The dear soul might had fainted. 

That is about the last thing that was done. I called and asked if they could install a heater and they said they could not unless I bought their $3000 heater. I am at a loss to find a location to install the heater. It seems that all shops focuses on full builds. So, I am going without the heater during the cold spell. Good thing I have Antarctica training and family history. My Uncle Larry, wintered over in a place since closed for too in hospitable.  I love the cold, it helps my brain work full throttle. My latest project on the van is sound deadening. I am amazed at the difference.

The second photo is from my evening after installing with my team 1400 monitors for corporate. A  Big and too short of a job, We cleared it a week under schedule.

3rd photo, My desk in beast, a recent install

Lastly, surplus equipment available. 15 gals a minute instant water heater,  massively too large for Beast. 

Any help in navigating how to find an installer for the heater would be greatly appreciated. 

20231110_095941.thumb.jpg.69a918a975b9ae4c6b679d6cb04624c6.jpg

65546837_12-21-2023Portland.thumb.jpg.621aa240ac5af64f497754a1cf4ad0fd.jpg

20231128_125719.thumb.jpg.b7076a314b690f58c784579164e22ec3.jpg

20231109_121919.thumb.jpg.ae955ad6e185a8f985dde80b5c3241f6.jpg

I believe there have been several diy heater installs. Try switching your posts to conversions to get a better response. 

Adding a heating system is probably one of the harder items to figure out but it certainly adds a lot of comfort to the van living experience.  Here is my long winded two cents worth and you may know all this already  but there is a lot to consider.  This is just my viewpoint and others may have different input. The simplest heat is to use a portable electric radiant heater if you have access to plug-in electricity at your camping location (i.e. the heater uses a lot of energy and would quickly drain a battery system) or as some have done is to use an in-door propane space heater. BUT with the propane space heater choice you have the very real danger of carbon monoxide poisoning, fire danger and moisture buildup in the van.  I would say definitely not go that route. The other option is to use some type of forced air heating system that uses outside air for the flame and directs the combustion gases outside.  This then requires that a hole be cut in the van wall for the heater ducting.  If you peruse the many sights/blogs that detail van build outs (vast majority Sprinter, Promaster and Transit with very few NV) the popular choices are products made by either Webasto or Propex.  Webasto is popular because it can use either gasoline or diesel fuel and so can be supplied from the fuel source that powers the van, in the NV case gasoline.  This choice then leads to the complexity of having to tap into the van fuel supply somehow or have a separate small dedicated fuel tank located somewhere.  The Propex uses propane so requires a propane fuel tank.  Having a propane fuel tank has its' own inherent dangers due to the very explosive nature of a propane leak in an enclosed space.  So you either need to locate the propane tank outside the van (probably either in back or underneath) or if inside it must be located in a sealed enclosure with a lower drain vent routed outside.  (If there is a leak the propane being heavier than air will flow through the vent and outside where it will quickly dissipate.)  One advantage to using propane is that it burns very clean and therefore there is very little cleaning maintenance needed for the heater.

For our build we went with a propane heater manufactured by Suburban (model NT-16SEQ).  It needs to be located in some type of enclosure, either as part of your cabinetry or in a separate dedicated box.  The Suburban product is much less costly than Webasto or Propex (they seem way overpriced) but is a quality product.  It runs clean and quiet and so far after 4 years service has not needed any maintenance or repair.  I am including a few pictures so that you can see the installation.  The hardest part for me was building a box for the propane tank as I wanted it to be inside and take up as little space as possible.  It has a lot of angles to it so that it can fit back into a cavity in the outside wall.  I would highly recommend also installing a propane gas detector/alarm and carbon monoxide gas detector/alarm in your van.  These are not costly items and well worth the expense.

So with all the above blah blah blah, now to answer your original simple question of finding an installer for a heater.  With the popularity of van living there have been a lot of van retrofit shops opening all across the country.  From your picture it appears you are at one to have your roof vent installed.  Most of them are very busy so finding one that will do just a heater install may take some leg work, time and perhaps travel.  Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations but hopefully the info above will help you to make an informed decision when you finally do find one to deal with.  You might mention the area of the country you are in and someone else might have a suggestion.

Hope your van project goes well.

13_propane tank.jpg

Heater.jpg

Heater Outside Intake_Exhaust.jpg