Daydreamin520

CARGO - Camping/RV/Vandwelling: Mod's, Recommends, Pix, etc...

Would appreciate any photos and/or descriptions of what other NV owners have done to their Cargo NV's to turn them into mini-RV's, aka "home on wheels".  What's worked, what hasn't worked?  Items, with brands and links, you think are must-haves?  Thanks.

There is some of what you're looking for in this forum - but probably not enough to accomplish a complete build. This group seems to have actual lives and they check in here when they have some down time. Helps explain how we can occasionally go a couple of days without a single post.

That said - check out sprinter-source.com for a forum that has been around for a long time. Nearly anything you will need to know about a build is already there - just adapt it to your NV. That's what they would have done if they weren't so misguided :-)

There is some of what you're looking for in this forum - but probably not enough to accomplish a complete build. This group seems to have actual lives and they check in here when they have some down time. Helps explain how we can occasionally go a couple of days without a single post.

That said - check out sprinter-source.com for a forum that has been around for a long time. Nearly anything you will need to know about a build is already there - just adapt it to your NV. That's what they would have done if they weren't so misguided :-)

Thanks wollip,

Just trying to round up the folks that dream of or do have lives on the road, part of the year anyways, versus the passenger or work van people.

Appreciate the recommend of sprinter site.  I have already been saving links and pix of possibilities!

I spent countless hours on that Sprinter site and discovered,as you are already finding, a ton of photographs and links to vendors.

Wanting to be able to remove your camping/touring modules and still have a working floor for cargo is a challenge. Are you familiar with coretiedowns.com and their uni trax and maxx trax systems? Of course, there are several other brands out there. Using any of these tracks in a recessed configuration might work well for both needs.

wollip and DennisV -  thanks for the links and pix.

Just got news my van left TX last night, Wednesday, 1/7 ... so... soon! 

Probably Saturday, but I may not get to dealership until Monday or Tuesday.

My interior mods will be super basic and minimal at first.  I was thinking I may get a bunch of cardboard boxes and do a pre-lim' "mock up" of where I want stuff... to get better idea of where things should be re space and function.  My 11 y/o grandson is already excited about the idea of a TV and a bed!  LOL.  Also, one idea is going with a fold up to wall bench/bed (on driver's side) like I've seen in pix of "toy haulers."  I'd add a pic but I freeze this message every time I try to figure out how to do that... oh, well.