Sign in to follow this  
flips805

Keystone Passport 3320BH

Wohooo! Just signed the docs for a 2016 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS. My hitch comes in this Monday and I'll probably pick it up on Friday.

Super excited! Thank you all again for chiming in.

I'll post pictures soon.

Happy to see the 3500SL tows well.  We have a 2012 Forest River Surveyor SP295.  Triple bunkhouse, outside kitchen.  It was at the time the lightest bunkhouse we could find with the outdoor kitchen.  Fully loaded on a CAT I get between 6500-6800# depending on what trip we are taking.  Tongue weight was 810#.  I used to pull it with my Tundra 5.7 Crewmax and it had more than enough power but we were over payload with 3 kids, 2 dogs and gear.  

We have a longer camping trip coming up in June going up through the mountains to a KY state park and then coming home through TN to Pigeon Forge for a few days.  Should be a good test for it going up and down those 7% grades!  We may take it out for a short weekend trip just to see how it does locally.

I have a Tekonsha P3 controller and a Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch.  I've been pulling campers for quite a while and have never had sway issues as long as the camper is loaded right.  Same thing with small trailers, get it loaded correctly and a trailer shouldnt sway.  You'll always get that push/pull from something like a passing semi but it should never really get out of hand.

We camp about 4-5 times a year mainly at state parks across the SE region.  Sold the Tundra since we were over payload and flat out running out of room in it!  

Love the smoky mountain area. I'm actually typing this from Gatlinburg, we are

on the last night of our spring break trip:(. Rented a cabin.... Kids and Mom and

Dad sure get sad when vacation is over!

Heading back to Michigan tomorrow morning. As usual, the van worked awesome,

no issues or complaints whatsoever.

Finally picked up my Heartland North Trail 33BKSS last Thursday. Towed it 180 miles to get back home and the NV did great!

Unfortunately the TT will have to sit for a while :( We missed the window of opportunity to take it out on its maiden voyage. Gonna be busy the next few weekends...but maybe mid May.

I heard to open the right rear and the left front window just slightly to break the suction from a passing semi truck trailer. Learned that

trick from the RV dealer yesterday.

There is a suction when encountering a large vehicle on the highway that causes the trailer to sway a little.

I have heard that one from some RV'n buddies, but never tried it. I thinks it sounds kinda hookey to think a couple square feet of open window area with counteract many, many, square feet to wind "push" from a passing tractor trailer....besides, the NV and trailer barely feel it anyway.

Finally picked up my Heartland North Trail 33BKSS last Thursday. Towed it 180 miles to get back home and the NV did great!

Unfortunately the TT will have to sit for a while :( We missed the window of opportunity to take it out on its maiden voyage. Gonna be busy the next few weekends...but maybe mid May.

Don't feel bad, there's time!  We've been the same way - too much happening to get out camping yet. Our first weekend out is coming up at the end of this month. Then, off for half-way-cross-country trip in June. Will be our first time doing 2K plus miles in a single trip.