Sign in to follow this  
jaymanfifty

New NV FINALLY

My dealer ordered my new NV 2500 SV V6 standard roof with all available options. Dealer installed the receiver hitch and the 7 wire round wiring harness from Nissan. I have checked the lights by hooking up to a trailer but have not gotten a brake controller installed yet. There is a small white plug under the panel to left side of steering wheel that the dealer told me the brake controller plugs into. I am waiting on an adapter which was missing from the wiring harness kit. It is supposed to plug into the small white plug and has 4 wires that I will have to connect to the brake controller leads. Haven't found any names or numbers on the receiver hitch but need to get under there to see if there is any info on it. It is supposed to be rated for 7000 pounds, at least.

Any thoughts, questions, suggestions are welcomed!

Oh yea, I almost forgot - the factory failed to install the body side moldings and I opted to just get a refund of the charge for this item. The NV may look better without these?

Jay

My dealer ordered my new NV 2500 SV V6 standard roof with all available options. Dealer installed the receiver hitch and the 7 wire round wiring harness from Nissan. I have checked the lights by hooking up to a trailer but have not gotten a brake controller installed yet. There is a small white plug under the panel to left side of steering wheel that the dealer told me the brake controller plugs into. I am waiting on an adapter which was missing from the wiring harness kit. It is supposed to plug into the small white plug and has 4 wires that I will have to connect to the brake controller leads. Haven't found any names or numbers on the receiver hitch but need to get under there to see if there is any info on it. It is supposed to be rated for 7000 pounds, at least.

Any thoughts, questions, suggestions are welcomed!

Oh yea, I almost forgot - the factory failed to install the body side moldings and I opted to just get a refund of the charge for this item. The NV may look better without these?

Jay

Can you post a photo without them?

How are you liking it so far?