Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

Whatever happened to...

1. Mr Olaf's paint?

2. The Boxer Rebellion inside the NV?

3. Rick's solution for the GPS-Bluetooth conflict?

4. The NV too big to garage?

5. Stuck in park and places to go?

6. 3x the charm to replace the steering assembly?

7. The polite service consultant's phone call?

There have to be more.

1. I've given up trying to get the paint covered by warranty.  They basically said something [most likely bird crap] did the damage.  I've been slacking off on taking it to the repair shop.  I want to get another estimate just to make sure I'm getting a fair deal and then I'll pull the trigger.  I have 2 small dents in the sliding door from a softball bouncing into it, a big dent in the rear door from letting my atv trailer poke the door by accident and the damage on the roof so I'm going to get it all done at once.  Hopefully the sliding door can be done paintless but the dent from the trailer is too deep for paintless.

5.  Sometimes it happens, i just do the usual move the steering wheel left and right etc. and it works after about 30 seconds.  I wish i knew why they can't fix this on cars in general.  It's weird.

Sorry to hear about the non-warranty/dealer result. Still think the commercial manager should have handled this; eg, repaint it or offer to fix it at cost. This would have gone a long way to promote good relations. Wonder if he expects you to buy another vehicle from him or if he noticed overall vehicle sales were down last month?

I forgot about moving the steering wheel. It does happen on every vehicle...

Edited by radin2son

1. I've given up trying to get the paint covered by warranty.  They basically said something [most likely bird crap] did the damage.  I've been slacking off on taking it to the repair shop.  I want to get another estimate just to make sure I'm getting a fair deal and then I'll pull the trigger.  I have 2 small dents in the sliding door from a softball bouncing into it, a big dent in the rear door from letting my atv trailer poke the door by accident and the damage on the roof so I'm going to get it all done at once.  Hopefully the sliding door can be done paintless but the dent from the trailer is too deep for paintless.

5.  Sometimes it happens, i just do the usual move the steering wheel left and right etc. and it works after about 30 seconds.  I wish i knew why they can't fix this on cars in general.  It's weird.

Olaf, I'd recommend trying to contact your dealer or another if you wish about the ding and paintwork.  They likely have vendors on sight to get this done at a nice discount to what a body shop could.  If you ride around a back lot where inventory is at you will probably even see where they are set up.

Time to resurrect this...

Some mysteries from above remain and there are new ones:

Caught somewhere between a Transit and a NV, forever I guess? (Odd, no Dodges mentioned, or maybe not...)

Front sensors still beeping to a tune no one knows?

How many bikes will fit in a NV and is PT covered by the 100k warranty?

There have to be more...

There are so many used Transits on the market, and I've found a few for others to buy. I am jealous of their storage space and better window visibility, but on the other hand, they can't open the side window, rumor has it that driving it on the mountains was not stable and quite noisy whereas our NVP was a breeze. Still unclear about the back row in the Transit; I know in the 15 passenger version you can't remove the middle backrow seats, not sure about in the 12 passenger. I've gotten over my jealousy ;)

ETA: Also our brakes work faster it seems, which is a lifesaver IMO

Edited by BuyinganNVP