dbly1850

Upgraded from SV1500 to SV2500

I had a lot of fun with my SV1500. I added a 3k power inverter and a Compustar Remote starter. Drove it May thru Dec 2011. I got about 18 highyway and 16 city with a V6.

Since my credit sucked eggs, I decided to see if I could do better than 14.75 percent (yea a big ouch) . Turns out Some crap fell off and I was able to drive a way with a brand new SV2500 Hi-Top with a V6.. Got a great price and my trade with the 3k inverter and remote start low top was a wanted animal. The Dealer gave me a great trade in-> it had 10,800 miles on it.

All and All I am happy with the extra head room - I have a few bumps from the SV1500 , for not keeping the chin down..Don't have to worry about that now :-)

I'll post the MPG once I break her in.. It has less than a 100 miles on it. I just got it yesterday..

Yea, I am going to shop for another inverter - Might go higher than 3.k just to have it and the remove starter from compustar goes in next week.. Talk about a gem there..

I can set it to start up if the battery voltage gets low, if the car temp gets too high or low.. and Even set a daily start time, so the van is ready to go.. Yea, you lost a notch off the mpg with all the idling.. But it's worth the comfort.. I still prefer the cost of gas compared to desiel.. and if you don't have money to drive a van with 15 - 18 MPG, why did you buy it in the first place?

BTW I use my Van as a RV Camper - sleep in the back woods.. The Dealer showed me a catalog that Nissan is coming out with a full blown RV - sleep 4, has refrig,stove, a set of house batteries, etc.. about 63k.. Still cheaper than a Roadtrek or a Pleasureway.

David

I had a lot of fun with my SV1500. I added a 3k power inverter and a Compustar Remote starter. Drove it May thru Dec 2011. I got about 18 highyway and 16 city with a V6.

Since my credit sucked eggs, I decided to see if I could do better than 14.75 percent (yea a big ouch) . Turns out Some crap fell off and I was able to drive a way with a brand new SV2500 Hi-Top with a V6.. Got a great price and my trade with the 3k inverter and remote start low top was a wanted animal. The Dealer gave me a great trade in-> it had 10,800 miles on it.

All and All I am happy with the extra head room - I have a few bumps from the SV1500 , for not keeping the chin down..Don't have to worry about that now :-)

I'll post the MPG once I break her in.. It has less than a 100 miles on it. I just got it yesterday..

Yea, I am going to shop for another inverter - Might go higher than 3.k just to have it and the remove starter from compustar goes in next week.. Talk about a gem there..

I can set it to start up if the battery voltage gets low, if the car temp gets too high or low.. and Even set a daily start time, so the van is ready to go.. Yea, you lost a notch off the mpg with all the idling.. But it's worth the comfort.. I still prefer the cost of gas compared to desiel.. and if you don't have money to drive a van with 15 - 18 MPG, why did you buy it in the first place?

BTW I use my Van as a RV Camper - sleep in the back woods.. The Dealer showed me a catalog that Nissan is coming out with a full blown RV - sleep 4, has refrig,stove, a set of house batteries, etc.. about 63k.. Still cheaper than a Roadtrek or a Pleasureway.

David

Good luck,

Good luck,

David,

What is your bed set up like in the NV? I have the low top but want to be able to use it for travel/camping - maybe to Yellowstone in June, maybe Florida in the next few weeks. My NV heats up fast so I don't think I have a need for the remote start - did you install the remote start yourself or have an installer? On the inverter, is it a self install and I suppose it must be wired directly to the NV battery or did you add another battery?

Thanks,

Jay