Nv Envy

Removing interior panels in passenger version

Can anyone tell me how to remove all the different panels?

Front Doors,sidewalls,back and sliding doors too?

Want to soundproof/deaden the whole interior for

a major sound system upgrade.

Will be removing seats and carpet as well.Anything I should know?

Dang, that's something I had considered doing before we got our van. I thought it may sound tin-canish compared to our previous Explorer conversion van. It is louder, but not enough to give me the ambition to pull off a project like that, though.

But I'm very interested in your process and results, so please keep us posted on the progress and final product. Good luck!

-Andy

Well, all my components are starting to come in so I'll be heading to the dealership and try to get a tech to show me how all the panels pop off since it looks like  no one here seems to have a clue...

Going to be quite a job and expense to deaden this behemoth, but should pay off considering it's getting $6-7k of audio equipment upgrade..

Handmade German tweeters, Swiss 6.5 Mid-Basses for the front doors and a custom subwoofer enclosure behind the rear fenderwell to hold the 12" carbon fiber subwoofer.A pair of Italian built 1300 watt amplifiers,a German digital sound processor.

And a REAL Navigation Head unit to drive it all

Using this stuff to add weight and eliminatee the tinniness of the doors

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/sound-deadening/kno-knoise-kolossus-edition/sp/kno-knoise-kolossus-edition-car-kit-35sq-ft/

Edited by Nv Envy

Post up some photos of the ICE install.  I worked for years at PJ's Autosound when I was in HS and after graduation.  We had several IASCA winning cars.  Also worked for C-2000 but there was all concentrated on SPL contests vs. SQ.  SPL is fun but it was turning into pure brute force which really is what it's all about...

Are you doing the full install?

Did you get anywhere with panel removals.  Not going as extreme as you but getting ready to do a head unit.  Still piecing together how I want to handle the video in the back.  Head rest monitors are impossible due to width between the pegs.

So the install started last week.

I decided to give it over to a proffessional since I just don't have the time.

So far the doors have a layer of Knu Concepts  vibration dampener both on the inside of the outer door skin and on the inner metal panel and the two openings on the inner panel have custom made fiberglass filler panels screwed in to close them up.

So basically the doors are now deadened speaker cabinets.

No more tin can sounding doors on this van!

HUGE difference when you close a door now.Nice and solid.

Next will come a layer of sound absorbing heavy rubber laminated to closed cell foam draped over the inner door skin metal

and a layer of 3m thinsulate sound absorbing foam on the plastic door panels.

As it turns out, the flooring in the front area is pretty well sound deadened with the 1" felt that is under the carpet.

Will post pics next week.

Edited by Nv Envy

So 4 weeks later the install is finally done.

A few little tweaks need to be done to tune everything properly thru the digital processor,but otherwise I'm rock and rollin'

Here's a pic of the Subwoofer installed

post-869-0-56501600-1439932510_thumb.jpg

Tweeters.........................both on axis to the drivers position of course  

B) B) B)

post-869-0-72725800-1439932614_thumb.jpg

post-869-0-34711000-1439932623_thumb.jpg