ASD Dad

Leather seat comfort

Well I found out I'm not nuts but wanted to ask if it's common before I talk to dealer.

15 3500SL with the factory leather. Front lower seat cushion has a thick seam that runs right down the center. Feels like I'm straddling a rope or something!! It literally feels like I'm balanced on the seam and it's more than a little uncomfortable. I had three others sit and they all felt it immediately without me saying anything.

Does the seam break in? It's bad enough I'm looking at how to rip the leather off to get redone or taking it to the dealer. I have a whopping 400 miles on my van and it's going to drive me insane if I can't fix it.

Passenger seat isn't as bad but it's but been sat in long.

Thats weird. I have the 2015 SL with leather and haven't had this issue at all. Perhaps your driver seat has a production error?

Same here.... That seam is completely un-noticed. Take a pic if possible.... Maybe the leather got stitched incorrectly or something....??

I'll take a photo tomorrow. I've had my wife and two friends sit in the seat and they all feel it right away. Driving me nuts!

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't want to go to the dealer if it was "normal".

Well I did take some photos and they look normal, from just looking at it the seat looks identical to the passenger side seat.  I can sit in that seat and it is fine.  Maybe a bit harder than preferred but it's brand new and not remotely broken in.  Driver's seat is still driving me crazy.  I am at the point where I have an 80lb bag of concrete sitting in the seat when it is parked to try and break that seam in!!  I need to call the dealer but they are an hour away and their service dept already messed up once so I am not really in a rush to get there.

Let the dealership take care of it.  If it is as you've described it they should be able to help you.  I'm not sure exactly where your at but I'm in Charlotte.  However you should probably know that it is very likely it is a 2 trip visit to dealership as well.

I am in the Greenville, SC area so not all that far from you.  I actually car shopped Charlotte and couldnt find much available on the NV SL.  I had it narrowed to local, Columbia and ATL.  ATL flaked on me so they were out.  Local had a '14 blue that we almost bought but it needed paint work already (deep scratch on door) and we thought it may be too dark.  Columbia had the '15 Silver we wanted and we almost drove down but Greer called saying they just unloaded a '15 silver and they beat Columbia in price so we bought it...

Greer service already has a big ding against them though, they aired up my tires to 95psi on delivery!!  All of them were that high.  Definitely doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies taking it to them for any work.

So I can FINALLY update this thread...  The seat was replaced yesterday under warranty!  Took that long to get a seat cushion in and then I had to get time to make the drive up there.

Huge difference!  The service manager who said he didnt feel much the first time sat in it prior to the new cushion and then after it was replaced and he noticed it right away.  So did the NV tech who drove it back, he noticed it before doing anything as soon as he got in the van.  At least I know it wasnt all in my head (or rear)!  

Also the new service manager is a super nice guy.  We were just talking about the NV's, the new Titans coming, the NV motors, etc.  I have an Airaid intake installed on my NV and he was impressed to see it in there since they didnt think it would fit since the NV is wider than the Titan or Armada.  We also talked tuners for a good while so I think a Bully Dog is also in my future.

As long as he sticks around I think the dealership will turn out great for my service needs now.

Dealership name? Add it to the positive service experience thread, even though it took forever to resolve this.

It seems service is dependent on the competency of the service manager. Hope he stays put, or if service managers move around a lot follow him.