Sign in to follow this  
marylandmx

Reliability ?

Hello, I just purchases a NV, will pick up next week, I hope I made the right decision. I believe Nissan is a quality auto builder in my opinion.

What do you guys think?. The power-train is a proven design from the Titan truck.

Hello, I just purchases a NV, will pick up next week, I hope I made the right decision. I believe Nissan is a quality auto builder in my opinion.

What do you guys think?. The power-train is a proven design from the Titan truck.

Mine developed saw tooth wear at the front tires at 5,000 miles Alignment is okay dont now the problem yet .Have to take it to Dealer .I am happy with everything else ,so far so good .

Bobby .

Did you ever find out what caused the saw tooth wear? I am having the same problem with my new NV. 

Thanks!

to resolve odd tire wear start with getting an alignment at a good alignment shop... not at a Just Tires or Pep Boys

Did you ever find out what caused the saw tooth wear? I am having the same problem with my new NV. 

Thanks!

I was thinking about the answer to this as well.

Its usually an alignment problem. Had the same issue a number of years ago on a brand new Mitsubishi Diamante. GoodYear Eagle GA's wore slap out (saw tooth pattern) at 5000 miles. Really don't know how I got so lucky. Those tires were noisy & rode terrible from day one. Dealer prorated them, & I got some Michelin Symmetry tires put on. Quietest & most comfortable set of tires I ever owned.

Dealer said it's not uncommon for transporters to winch new vehicles down too tight on one side during transport which can mess up the alignment.

Its usually an alignment problem. Had the same issue a number of years ago on a brand new Mitsubishi Diamante. GoodYear Eagle GA's wore slap out (saw tooth pattern) at 5000 miles. Really don't know how I got so lucky. Those tires were noisy & rode terrible from day one. Dealer prorated them, & I got some Michelin Symmetry tires put on. Quietest & most comfortable set of tires I ever owned.

Dealer said it's not uncommon for transporters to winch new vehicles down too tight on one side during transport which can mess up the alignment.

agreed, i have also seen vehicles out of alignment from the factory.

I have a tow company, in june of 2013 I towed in a pop up camper with a broken leaf spring being pulled by a NV. The owner had a fleet of them for his HVAC business. He had emptied it out for a camping trip. He had 80,000 miles on it and not one break down. He said he keeps it loaded to the max and delivers Heat Pumps and Furnaces via a trailer that he keeps a sheet metal break mounted in the trailer as well. he said he tortures his NV on a daily basis!!

So this is why I went out and got me an NV.

Reliabilty?.....it's a Nissan....I've done about 3/4 million miles in Nissans in the past 20 years since I bought my first one and never, ever, have I needed roadside assistance / towing due to a breakdown, ever..... Period.....And prior to 09, they where all used  ones 7 years old or more when I got them.....I'm not concerned I will be left walking.....

Mine has 600 miles on it.  It has already been to the shop for a trans computer problem,  The problem has just came back.....  now the Charging system is showing an error.  and i'm a quart and a half low on oil after a week.....

I'm hoping this stems off eventually.