ASD Dad

How many other NVP's do you spot locally?

Just curious how often you spot another NVP in the wild.  I see Cargo's daily but have only spotted one NVP that wasnt commercial (shuttle or some other work related use).  I dont see many passenger Sprinters or Transits either but a neighbor a street over just picked up a 2015 full size Transit passenger.  

Granted before owning one I never really looked but I honestly cant recall seeing many period since they came out with the model.  

1 high top cargo converted to camper in Alamogordo, NM.

1 passenger near Amarillo, TX

1 passenger near Nachitoches, LA

7-8 near Nashville, TN. 1 cargo HT, 2 cargo LTs and the rest NVPs.

Must be a southern thing...

I am in the "south" and I have only seen one other NVP, a Silver SL just like mine.  A few hotels have them as shuttles but I am not counting those.

Meant to say TN thing. Saw 2 other cargo vans near the Smokies...

There is only one other NVP here in town. Identical to ours...

The dealership in town is too small to carry NVPs on the lot, so you have to travel a bit to find one to buy.

Once our dealership is bigger (currently building new home) then we will probably start seeing more around.

Very few here in rural central Michigan. I've maybe seen 2 other passenger models in the 8 months we've had ours. I kind of enjoy the exclusivity :)

I enjoy seeing them pop up like "Easter eggs" in various Person of Interest episodes on CBS.

Very few in SE Michigan/Detroit. See way more Transits even though they're so new. Talked to a shuttle driver today about the Transit he was driving, he liked the ride and handling, said his passengers hated the step-in height and ultra narrow aisle.

Would it be wrong to assume there'd be a few in Utah?  lol... My Dad was Morman with 9 kids in his second marriage and they always joked about owning a big van.

I see three or four cargo's a day, usually 2 to 1 high top vs. low top.  I see an NVP maybe once every couple of weeks, but there are 4 or 5 in my immediate community that I see.

I see a bunch around, much more NVs compared to transits and promasters.  Still doesn't compare in number to the econolines etc.  Anyways, Goodwill has a few, 3 or 4 different beer delivery trucks with specific logos on the side, a couple unmarked and just the other day a near identical NVP at the parking lot of seasame place.  [blue with top trim package, although i had a tow package :-p]

1 white NVP driving north on I-25 near Asheville, NC. 1 black NVP driving south on I-77 near Columbia, SC. No silver NVP seen in SC.

Numerous cargo NVs in and around Charlotte, NC.

Also have seen many NV 200s on this trip. It looks like some regular Nissan dealerships can sell them. Saw a used one for sale on the side of the road in TN.

I've still only spotted the one, one time (NVP).  I see plenty of Cargos and NV200's running around.  We have a few trips coming up soon so maybe I will spot more.

I spotted a silver sportsmobile....................a few days ago.........................at my dealership!!

Thanks for the visit Radin2son, you guys and the pups are welcome to stop by and chat anytime your in the area.  I had fun, thank you!! :shift:

Not too many here, even in Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Funny thing is we just moved from Corinth, TX to Melissa, TX and our old neighborhood had a single black NVP. We moved and bought the sole Java NVP in our community. So at least there's two in the Metroplex that I know of :).

We pulled off the freeway one Sunday coming back from church, and a woman in a Suburban looked at us turning into a residential street and my wife said she could see her mouthing, "what is that thing?". Ha!

Edited by kodos

Daydreamin520 hit it right on!  There are a ton here in Utah. My wife and I are both on 2nd marriages and we have 6 kids between us.  Our Yukon was not powerful enough to tow our trailer on hills (aka trips to Disneyland), so we traded it in for this NV after 1 test drive.  We had looked at Fords and Chevys, but this was so much smoother.

Back to the original theme of this thread, I see at least 5-10 NVPs a day.

Its been a long while since I posted.  I now see around 5-6 NVP's in total around here.  That's it.  Tons of Cargos daily but still only a few NVP's.  

The night or the next night after we bought our van, we saw another MVP in town (Java). I haven't seen it since. When I go to Erie (about 40 miles away), I occasionally see one or two. Locally there is a Nissan NV cargo van driven by people working on a house (It's a historical house and people have been working on it for a couple of years now). That's about it. NVP is still a rarity.

Not a lot of p's but the hi-top cargo's are all over the place.

Saw 3 other passenger vans today. One at mass and two on the road. Also saw a couple high top cargos. I personally know two families within a couple miles that have nvps's. We just got ours so will probably notice a lot more now lol.