Sign in to follow this  
NVP

New Batmobile

I just picked up a 2013 NVP SL. We love it and with almost 8 kids there is no better vehicle. Coming from a 9 passenger Tahoe it's sure nice to have ROOM! Our vehicle is black and so we decided it would be named the "batmobile". Besides, there is only one more (a silver NVP) I'm aware of in our town and nobody seems to know what we are driving. Lol. Anyways, thanks for this site as I've learned so much already.

Welcome to the site!  I imagine with 8 kids that Tahoe was getting cramped.  NVP definitely has the room.

Welcome,  I am purchasing a 2014 4x4 high roof.  I've never owned a Nissan product before.  Anybody know why Nissan doesn't offer the passenger van in the high roof model?  The extra headroom would be nice.  Does the passenger model come with a rear A/C system?  Keep posting you experiences.   

High roof passenger option may not be real popular, but I too am surprised it's not an option.

Yes, the passenger models all come with rear ac....

I liked the black color ASD Dad purchased but went with white to help with cooling the space in the summer.  Do you have the tech package?  If so, what's your opinion of the Navigation system?  Thanks, Kevin

I liked the black color ASD Dad purchased but went with white to help with cooling the space in the summer.  Do you have the tech package?  If so, what's your opinion of the Navigation system?  Thanks, Kevin

Mine's Silver!  The OP has a black one.  Black and SC summers would Not get along!  

The navigation isnt very good. I've never once used it and felt like it was better than my phone for what I did. The only reason I got the tech package was for the backup camera for the wife (but I'll admit I like it too) and for resale *way* down the road. Being the only SL for sale without being "loaded" makes it too easy to loose $500+ on the sale.

I love the van though. The setup may not be the most luxurious or prestigious, but it makes so much more sense for a large family than an SUV. Just cleared 16,000 miles and have no regrets, other than the monthly payment:(

My sister and her family a kicking around buying a used NVP. What's the going rate for the 2013's right now?

It's funny that the navigation screen is half the size of the one in my acura car but it still works fine and the backup camera is a great feature. Overall, I've been really impressed with the Nissan and it totally destroys the competition in my opinion.

Save your money on the 2014 navigation. The $1400. Price is because they force you to buy the side impact airbags with the navigation. At least thats in the cargo version.

The maps all seem to be at least 2 years old too. The bluetooth is terrible. Voice recognition is terrible and if you're on the phone, the maps don't show up.

For the money buy an aftermarket and backup camera. The factory one is a joke.

Supposedly 2015 they made an upgrade to the tech package.

Rick.

Available thru Nissan?  I'm picking up my truck Thursday and will ask to have the upgrade included if possible.  Thanks

Yes, it is thru Nissan. Normally the update is $149, but you need to call 1-866-562-8837 or go to www.nissannavigation.com/map to order one. The discount is valid through 6/30.

You can try to get this when you pick up your NV next week, but the dealer will probably have to order it anyway. But, as Rick will tell you, your dealer parts dept may order the one you already have.

No one else has mentioned getting this letter, but it is for cargo NVs, 2012-14. There is a customer #. If needed you may be able to get around this by calling and giving them your vin#. The "event code" is NIS-DM1-SD-0415.

I just checked the web site. You shouldn't have any trouble getting one.

Edited by radin2son

Any idea if the upgraded map sim card will address the functionality of the gps, or just give new updated streets? 

i figured out a workaround with the bluetooth and map screen. instead of using the radio for the speakerphone, just turn your phone onto speakerphone and disconnect your bluetooth connection. this will allow the maps screen to work while on the phone. plus the bluetooth voice dialer is pretty much off 90% of the time anyways. 

Rick. 

According to www.nissan.navigation.com all NVs prior to 2015 can get the discounted card. 2015 models should already have the new card according to this site, and you will have to wait a year to get an update. Check to make sure you don't have a 2014 card.

Doubt it improves GPS functionality.

"In addition to refreshed data... new features (may include)...

Advance lane guidance directs you to the appropriate lane... junctions.

Text-to-speech and voice recognition... (?)

Speed limit information... (?)"

New features do not apply to all Nav systems.

Those of you with 2015 NVs. Anything to suggest it is an improved system, or is it like replacing a 2013 atlas with a 2015, which we need to do

Welcome!  

Production is currently maxed on the low roof and we simply can't get enough here on the dealership level.  Before even thinking about adding a model they need to figure out how to keep up with current demand on the present model (they are adding a shift to ramp up production but I still don't know if that will be enough).  If that's not reason enough there are also bigger fish to fry so to speak.  Adding a cab chassis, an extended cargo version, etc.  I would think money and man power would be diverted there first.

Once again welcome, black NVP's are my favorite BTW.