Sign in to follow this  
genuinerex

Cabin Air Filter

I have an NVP SV HD 3500 v6.  I bought a cabin air filter from oreiley and it did not fit.

Can anyone confirm a cabin air filter that fits my vehicle?

Rex

Here is a copy of a very good post by Vanguy - if you need to see the photos just do a search for cabin air filter:

Let me start by saying I have many allergies & the cabin filter is a real blessing. A huge thanks to tmbrook for pointing this feature out.

Yes the filter that fits the Nissan GTR fits perfectly. At O Reilly Auto parts they sell the Micro Guard # 3696 that fits perfectly. O Reilly's website says the WIX 24479 & the Fram CF 10743 also fit though I can't confirm for sure.

To put the filter element in requires that you remove the glove box. That means you must remove the lower portion of the dash that the glove box is mounted in. I've attached some pics to help explain this.

This is the lower dash area with the glove box removed.

This is the front of the dash where the 7 screws are located. The 2 arrows in the middle are for the 2 screws inside the glove box on both sides of the metal catch:

Once you have the dash out, the filter box is right above the fan motor. Remove the cover by pressing the plastic clips on each side as marked:

Insert the filter with the directional flow arrow on the side pointing down. That's pretty much it. Just put everything back together.

When putting the dash back together, there is a plastic lip that runs down the entire right side of the dash piece that you removed. It sticks out only one eighth of an inch. This lip will tuck under your black rubber weather stripping for the door.

Edited by vanguy, 05 July 2013 - 01:30 PM.