Sign in to follow this  
Chris_CommercialManager

A quick rant......

A quick rant, I got approached about a sprinter possibility and just spent my morning poking around a sprinter forum, which I haven't done in a bit.  Let me say, I absolute love how awesome these Nissan vans are.  If you go to another forum for a competitor like promaster or a sprinter and simply do a very quick scan it's riddled with issues, big issues.  Engine, transmission, electrical, etc.  

Our lack of product issues I think is one reason why this forum simply isn't that busy.  There can be problems with anything and it's naive to think there can't be with ours but jeez.  Our issues here are so very minor.  I wish at times this forum would be busier but then I think that means that our product would have more issues.  I tell customers all the time to come on here and just take a quick scan and then do the same on the ford forum, for example if they are comparing a transit.  I say......you'll see gripes about bluetooth, or our nav system, maybe back up sensor or whatnot, but they are not major issues and most of the time just functionality.  I have found no more powerful selling tool when people take my advice and do it.  This is the most reliable product I have ever sold.

I'm very very curious to see a few years from now how many miles everyone actually gets out of this platform.  I did have that one customer about who was approaching 300k.  Granted it was all highway but after a 30 minute drive I was impressed.  

just a rant   

I will say that the NV's sell in smaller numbers than most of the euro-competitors do now, and that certainly has something to do with the light traffic here. But I still certainly agree with your point about dependability.... This chassis and drivetrain, you know, the BIG stuff, may not be the lightest, fastest, or get the best mileage, but for those looking for the MOST dependable option out there I really don't think anything else would come close. And I know it's painful to fill up every week and wish for a few more mpgs, but one major repair can eat up any mpg gain over night.

Good post, Chris. And I personally like the lighter traffic as it makes keeping up with posts soooo much easier!

We haven't received our NV2500 yet so I can't speak from experience, but indeed from everything I am reading online in Sprinter and other cargo van fora it seems that the NV is very reliable as also indicated by the industry-leading 5-year warranty. Just from having read on this forum fuel consumption (at least for some people) appears to be the only major issue. Also, it appears that NVPs have a few more issues than NV Cargo vans, or that could be that more people on the forum have passengers versions, who knows.

Edited by mahu

Having been with sprinter for so long andy_george you have no idea.  And maintenance costs too.  Nissan is such a big winner.  Thousand dollar brake jobs and tow in with a clogged diesel particulate filter is the norm over at benz in the midwest with their junky fuel.

An oil change, no tire rotation, but just oil change at my dealership is $29.99.  And that's at the dealer, how do you beat that?

You guys and gals truly bought the best (by what my criteria...intial cost, reliability, and cost of ownership) commercial van on the road :)

Each NV is purchased for a specific use or need that other vans didn't meet. We tend to forget this when our NVs fall short of expectations. Getting issues resolved; however, is all over the map and too dealer dependent. Meaning, one dealer will brush you off and another will go well beyond... I just wish Nissan Commercial was more available and responsive to real world use.

I also wish Nissan Commercial played a role in this forum, particularly since the commercial call center is severely lacking. (The other call center for Nissan non-commercial is so much better, more responsive and has a way to write your comment/complaint.) Never the less, the forum moderators have put together a good site and participants are a good group, small in number, but perhaps reflecting NVs market share.

Our expectation is to keep our NV for 10 years and at our current rate, that would put us somewhere around 160,000 miles.

November of last year I purchased a new Mitsubishi Fuso FG with plans to build an RV platform.  The truck was in the shop for 4 of the six months I owned it prior to the dealer buying it back.  Three transmissions and 3 Bluetec exhaust filtration system failures.  The truck traveled more miles on a flat bed than actual mileage driven.  My NV has been great and I'm looking forward to many trouble free adventures.  

Edited by KMG

A quick rant, I got approached about a sprinter possibility and just spent my morning poking around a sprinter forum, which I haven't done in a bit.  Let me say, I absolute love how awesome these Nissan vans are.  If you go to another forum for a competitor like promaster or a sprinter and simply do a very quick scan it's riddled with issues, big issues.  Engine, transmission, electrical, etc.  

Our lack of product issues I think is one reason why this forum simply isn't that busy.  There can be problems with anything and it's naive to think there can't be with ours but jeez.  Our issues here are so very minor.  I wish at times this forum would be busier but then I think that means that our product would have more issues.  I tell customers all the time to come on here and just take a quick scan and then do the same on the ford forum, for example if they are comparing a transit.  I say......you'll see gripes about bluetooth, or our nav system, maybe back up sensor or whatnot, but they are not major issues and most of the time just functionality.  I have found no more powerful selling tool when people take my advice and do it.  This is the most reliable product I have ever sold.

I'm very very curious to see a few years from now how many miles everyone actually gets out of this platform.  I did have that one customer about who was approaching 300k.  Granted it was all highway but after a 30 minute drive I was impressed.  

just a rant   

More like a rave, Chris.

I ‘ve only put 7K on my Hi-Top 2500, but love almost everything about it. I’ve had zero issues, so far. SO glad I didn’t buy the Dodge or Ford.