Fred Fauth

New 2015 SL in Black - We Named him "Kronk"

Well, for those of you following along in the other thread, we ended up trading our 2012 SL without tow package for this 2015 SL with all the bells and whistles. So far, it's been great. The new car feel makes it hard to even drive it - it's so nice! Our family is already loving it and we are moving on to the next phase of our planning - looking for a travel trailer.

med_gallery_1088_53_696837.jpg

Wise to move this to another thread. Thanks for putting up with us...

Enjoy yourselves.

Congrats on the new one, you did what you felt was right for you.  Do not over think the weight distributing hitch.  Any of the main brands will serve you well.  I've had a blue ox and a reese both with sway control.  I've towed 10k lb coast to coast over the rockies and in the huge crosswinds in the plains of the midwest and deserts of the west without ever having an incident that left my heart racing.  And that was with a lesser vehicle than the NV.

I hope you get yourself a great trailer and hit the road soon for your first trip!  (I'm jealous :)

The trailer is a Genesis Toyhauler 23ss. I wish I got notifications when people post to a thread I've posted in. Didn't even know you asked me a question ASD dad till I stumbled across this thread again.

The trailer is a Genesis Toyhauler 23ss. I wish I got notifications when people post to a thread I've posted in. Didn't even know you asked me a question ASD dad till I stumbled across this thread again.

At the top of the thread click on the "Follow this topic" button.  That will send you notifications on the threads you want to keep up to date on.

Thanks for the answer, looks like a nice model from online photos!  How do you like the Air bags?  Somebody was just asking about them for the NV on here, I bet they would like your review.  On my Tundra I just had Timbrens helper springs and thought about getting those for the NV.  My tongue weight on our Toyhauler is up there as we have nothing in the garage that is heavy like a vehicle.  We bought ours for hauling things like bicycles, kayaks and having a nice play area for the kids and dogs that would be easy to keep clean!

I've towed once without airing the bags aired up to see the difference and wow! The NV naturally doesn't squat much when my trailer is lowered on the hitch. So the bags mostly help for sway and bounce over bumps. I have to tell you with the bags aired up there is virtually none of either. This option was installed by the dealer prior to me purchasing it. As a matter of fact they didn't even know it was on there and I wasn't charged for it. It has an analog gauge installed below the dash near the knee area, an onboard compressor on the frame rail and also a manual schrader for adding air manually.

I know I'm late to the party here, but I realized the OP is local to me, so this caught my attention and I was wondering if there's any update?  How's things going  with finding a travel trailer?