Sign in to follow this  
BuyinganNVP

Which seats to keep headrests in?

Trying to maximize visibility, and since most of my kids are in car seats or high back booster,  I don't need the headrests in all. I plan on removing 2 of the back row seats. I have 2 kids in backless boosters, so they need headrests. I guess my question is really where to put those kids. One in front of the other, and take out the headrests from the rest of the seats? Or is it better to have them on opposite sides, closer to the front, leaving the rear rows void of them?

I gave up trying to see out the back!  I angled my mirror down so I can see the kids faces easily and dont bother trying to see much out back.  Even with all of the headrests out the visibility wasnt the best.  I just use my side mirrors and when backing the mirrors and camera.

I have an aftermarket camera installed but only for backing up. It's the kind that goes in the rearview mirror. Is it hard to flip it so that it's always on?

My husband thought it was funny that I actually like to see what is behind me when I'm driving....I thought that was how you are supposed to drive. How else do you know if a cop is trying to pull you over? ;)

I have an aftermarket camera installed but only for backing up. It's the kind that goes in the rearview mirror. Is it hard to flip it so that it's always on?

My husband thought it was funny that I actually like to see what is behind me when I'm driving....I thought that was how you are supposed to drive. How else do you know if a cop is trying to pull you over? ;)

No, do a google search.  If you or someone you know is mildly mechanically inclined I'd imagine you could figure it out in 10-15 minutes.  It's impossible for me to know how your system works but if right now it only comes on in reverse you essentially trick the system to always think it's in reverse.  Could be a ground or power.  Very easy.  People do it all the time, ALOT of people with trailers will have a setup like that to keep an eye on things.