Sign in to follow this  
drphibes

New Member Intro

Hello all, my name is Robert and am looking to purchase an NV so I joined this forum. I currently own a Nissan Titan and have received a lot of information and advice from the Titan forum, so this was the first thing I went looking for when I decided to get an NV. 

I train German Shepherds to use in competition and need an enclosed area to transport them safely in crates. I think the NV would be great for that.

I am hoping to find out the common issues etc that members are experiencing with their NV's.

I look forward to meeting you guys or gals that own an NV.

Robert

Welcome.  I only have around 8,000 miles on my van and so far it has performed great.  No issues.

I've seen 2, maybe the same one in passing, at a dog show. Both were high top cargo vans. I looked in the windshield of one, and it was minimally converted with some shelving on the driver's side. Couldn't see much. Lots of ribbons on the dash, small breed dog(s). Plenty of room for crates.

If you need natural light inside, the rear and side door glass options are inexpensive. If you plan

to tow a travel trailer, go with the V8. V6 will be fine otherwise. You may find some very good deals on 2015s.

This is not unique to NVs, but it will get hot in the cargo even when driving. I've seen NVs with ac units on top. When parked, you may need a fan. Insulating and sound deadening also. If you don't need a high top, don't see how, go with the NVP, remove the rear seats and enjoy the ac.

You and your dogs will enjoy the ride.

Edited by radin2son

Hi Robert,

Welcome.  The reason I bought my NV 2500 high top was I saw a friend towing a 30' bunkhouse trailer into our county fair with her 2500 high top.  Her kids show in the dog project and she uses the NV high top to carry her dogs to the shows. She was in the process of adding windows and a fan for proper ventilation.   I am converting mine to a camper and our German Shepard (Tank) will travel with us.

Look under "Conversions" and "Laharview Farm Camper Build" to see my progress.  I also pull a trailer full of antique tractors weighing 8,000 pounds over the Cascade passes with no issues.

This is a great truck and I have not been disappointed!

Best Regards,

Mike