Sign in to follow this  
CassB

New NVP owner!

Hi all! We just purchased a 2016 NVP V8 in the S model. We wanted the nicer model, but it was just too costly for us. However, after looking at the S, we realized it would be perfect (except the cloth, but oh well) as the non-carpeted floor will come in handy with 6 kids and 3 dogs. We wanted to put in our own aftermarket head unit as well. There are a few little things we might miss, but our main reason for purchasing was for the space and towing our TT. So it will work beautifully. We pick it up tonight, very excited! 

We're planning to do some mods eventually. Running boards (all black since the vehicle is black, grill and bumpers are all black), DVD player for kids (roof mount or headrest mounted??) and maybe some all black rims lol. 

What are some interesting mods done lately to everyone's NVs?

Welcome. Nothing wrong with basic. You get most of what you want and none of the options you don't.

Since you will find few NV specific aftermarket products, it will be interesting to see what you add to your NV.

Welcome to to club!  What TT are you planning on towing with it?  See my signature line for my setup.  

I'd recommend a backup camera of some sort.  Will make backing so much easier in general as well as hooking up to the camper.  Rearward visibility is lacking as I am sure you are aware.

Right now we have a 2003 Jayco Kiwi 23b hybrid. We'll but upgrading it at a later date when we figure out what we want vs what we can realistically tow. 

We actually have a full time rear camera on it. The dealer had it installed. It's basically a camera mounted in the top brake light and it transmits to a screen mounted where the rearview mirror is. It covers quite a bit and is on the entire time we're driving!

Welcome! There isn't a whole lot of difference in the models when it comes to the cargo vans, not sure about passenger models, but the basic platform out did the other vans I tested. I know you will love it! Towing should be a breeze. The rubber mats are great with dogs and spills. Enjoy the van!