Sign in to follow this  
JB Harlin

New 2016 NVP SV in North Texas

We just picked up our 2016 NVP SV, V6, Arctic Blue Metallic, Gray Interior, Cloth Seats and Technology Package.  We are traditional fine art photographers and this will be our traveling vehicle, replacing a 2006 Chrysler Town & Country that has taken us across the USA, more than once and is now retired for around town use.

Looking forward to traveling the Desert Southwest with our large format cameras.  Drop by our web site;  www.jbhphoto.com

JB & Susan

Mutt & Jeff

post-1319-0-46978800-1453087789_thumb.jpg

Welcome. How many seats do you have to remove to get your cameras inside?

Looked at your web site. Great photos. It is nice to see you can still take a photo of your NV just like the rest of us.

Welcome. How many seats do you have to remove to get your cameras inside?

Looked at your web site. Great photos. It is nice to see you can still take a photo of your NV just like the rest of us.

Thanks for stopping by our web site!

We removed all of the seats. . . only two of us.  The first row will be replaced with a custom tripod box that mounts to the floor hold-downs.  Started working on that today.

If anyone needs a full set of rear seats, let us know. . . we'll make you a deal.

There have been several posts regarding a need for rear seats.

There also is an unused "classified" thread under Louge, off topic.

That said, why did you buy an NVP if you didn't need the rear seats or plan to keep them? AC?

There have been several posts regarding a need for rear seats.

There also is an unused "classified" thread under Louge, off topic.

That said, why did you buy an NVP if you didn't need the rear seats or plan to keep them? AC?

We wanted a fully finished interior with A/C, lights and floor.  Might have been able to order one without seats, but we did not want to wait 3-4 months.  We placed a request with the dealer and they found exactly what we wanted, but we were stuck with the seats.  

Did one van custom interior years ago. . . I was much younger, do not have the time nor the patience. . . did it once, never again.

Rad,

I can see why they went for it. AC (as you said), utilizing the seat brackets to secure his equipment boxes, and it's completely finished inside - top to bottom. A smart move if you don't need the high roof.

Rad,

I can see why they went for it. AC (as you said), utilizing the seat brackets to secure his equipment boxes, and it's completely finished inside - top to bottom. A smart move if you don't need the high roof.

Exactly!  We are currently designing a box that will hold our tripods.  We have had a custom tripod box the last two minivans.  I will post some photos as we progress.  Right now it is mostly all CAD drawing. . .

Makes sense, but I would be inclined to keep the seats for resale unless you drive it into the ground. Then again, where would I stash them.

No matter, you will enjoy the van as you cruise around the southwest.