Wallyc

New owner in Va

Hello and greetings from Va. I am the proud owner of a new 2015 nv 2500 hd sv. I use my

"Vuck" as my wife likes to call it for my plumbing company that I own . I have owned may trucks/vans over the years from just about every domestic manufacturer around and I have to say that it's a great work van. Anyone who works out of there vehicle for a living could not ask for a better platform to work from. Nissan has hit the nail on the head with the nv vans! Ford,dodge,and Chevy don't come close for the money. I never thought I would own an import(my 1st) but I love it and I have no buyers remorse. Any way I'll get off my soap box :-)

Thanks for having me

Welcome. I agree with your assessment. I bought on and camperized it. Also a great tow rig.

Hello and greetings from Va. I am the proud owner of a new 2015 nv 2500 hd sv. I use my

"Vuck" as my wife likes to call it for my plumbing company that I own . I have owned may trucks/vans over the years from just about every domestic manufacturer around and I have to say that it's a great work van. Anyone who works out of there vehicle for a living could not ask for a better platform to work from. Nissan has hit the nail on the head with the nv vans! Ford,dodge,and Chevy don't come close for the money. I never thought I would own an import(my 1st) but I love it and I have no buyers remorse. Any way I'll get off my soap box :-)

Thanks for having me

Congratulations on the new wagon! I have also recently purchased one.

I tried to get an A/C question answered on this forum last week but either there are very few members or nobody would take the time to check theirs for me...so here goes.

When driving with the A/C on either "normal" or "max" mode the air temperature from the dash vents fluctuates from cold apx 41 degrees for 10-15 seconds to warmer air apx 56 degrees for 10-15 seconds, this pattern repeats over and over.

This only occurs when the vehicle is being driven...under a load...when stopped at idle the air temperature maintains constant 41-42 degrees with no variance.

I'm in Arizona and with months of 110 degree days coming soon I need to know if this is normal operation or not.

I have never owned any other vehicle that this was considered normal for the A/C to operate this way.

Would you mind checking yours out for me and post your results?

I used a hand held lazer thermometer but you can obviously feel the 10-15 degree change in air temperature without it.

Thanks in advance!

To be honest here in Virginia it's still cold 30's at night 50 during the day . I'm afraid I won't be much help right now:-( . I will have to check this when it warms up . I did read your post . I just could not comment on it.

Same here in Michigan, late Feb. just ain't AC weather. That's why I didn't run the test for you nv2500sl.....

But last summer I never noticed what you are talking about...

Edited by andy_george

Same here in Michigan, late Feb. just ain't AC weather. That's why I didn't run the test for you nv2500sl.....

But last summer I never noticed what you are talking about...

Thanks for the replies!

Talked to another dealer today and they stated its normal for the a/c system to operate as described?

Appreciate your test results posted when you finally have warmer weather.

It's been in the mid to high 80s here for the last four weeks!

It may have something to do with the Auto mode. There is a 'sunload' or such sensor on the left front of the dash. I have the NVP 3500 SL so I am not certain if it is the same situation, but place the climate control system on manual, not Auto. I don't recall the exact terminology Nissan uses for all of this, just consult the owners manual. We've had our van for only a week. I vaguely remember placing the climate control system on auto and the heat came on. The system is truly trying to regulate to whatever temperature is specified. I am in Austin, TX and it was around 80 degrees a few days ago when this happened. I apologize for the disjointed thoughts. It's just a bit difficult to describe, as we've had the van for only a week. I have not had the chance to test this theory out.