Jtm4ug

Help installing rear camera in new 2016 nv1500 s

Just wondering if someone has done this that could give me some pointers on hiding the wires, removing the stereo, and basic installing. I bought the rear view safety third brake light cam. I can get the cam to the receiver box, now im having trouble with the wiring for the sensors.

Also i am having alot of trouble finding a haynes manual for my van. Anyone know where i might buy one, im not really trying to get the digital version(kind of like having the physical book)

I bought the tools. Wow alot more complex that the removal on my chevy van! Thanks for the link

It was more of a pain than most dashes but a lot of new vehicles are like that these days.  Be happy you can get the radio out, some companies have made them pretty much completely integrated!  

Biggest issue for me which is why I wrote that up was the dash vents.  Getting them seated right was a pain and it took me a bit to get them figured out for some reason.  Everything else is normal dash removal stuff, just more of it.

There are a few guys who have done camper builds and other work, hopefully they chime in on the best wire routing options from the rear.

Got the dash apart and have the camera portion installed. I need to connect power,ground,and yellow camera wire(reverse) wires. Anyone have any idea where these would go. The wires are bundled behind the stereo which threw me off a little