rodjava

Possible to swap driver and passenger seats?

I have the 2012 2500 NV with the fully electric and adjustable driver seat and manual passenger seat.

I have thoughts of swapping the drivers seat with the passenger seat and vise versa.  I'm doing this because I would like to install a swivel for the passenger side and use the electric driver seat which almost fully reclines. This new swivel passenger seat would be great for stretching out along with a foot stool.

I plan to build a cabinet almost directly behind the existing driver seat, which will not allow the drivers seat to fully recline.  I think it's a waste of fully adjustable seat if it can fully recline.

Do you think that this is possible?  The electric wiring for the drivers seat would need to be extended about 3 feet when mounted in the passenger position.

Thanks in advance.  Any help would be appreciated.

Rod

San Francisco

The seat bases may bolt in place of each other , but then you'll have the issue of the seat belt anchors which are part of the seat frame ...

It could possibly be done by a good fabrication shop , but I personally don't think it would be worth the effort cost and safety wise ...

Maybe look for aftermarket seats that will do the job your after ...?

axulsuv

Good point on the seat belts.

It's something that I will look into, but still think it's doable and free.

Rod

Since I never sat in the passenger seat of my 2500, I never knew that the seat reclines all the way down.

Now I don't need to swap seats anymore.  Now I need to find a alternative to the $500 front seat swivel sold at

swivelsrus.com.

Anybody have any ideas?

Rod

San Francisco