Twindaddy

Noob to Nissan in general

Just bought a 2016 NVP 3500 SL... Loving her so far. Family out grew the Expedition EL. My oldest has decided to dub the NV , "the big black beast". Like most families I am very interested in what and where you guys are getting running boards and DVD players. I live on the gulf coast of the great state of TEXAS. Any information or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

post-1556-0-78774100-1467326250_thumb.jpeg

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. Our vans are twins, haha. Love mine. Recently joined the forum myself.

We purchased and installed this one. https://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-AVXMTG13UHD-Digital-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B00QMSCNNQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=best%20flip%20down%20dvd%20player&qid=1462208068&ref_=sr_1_8&s=electronics&sr=1-8

For the steps, we were thinking of getting this one before deciding not to get steps. http://www.eurocampers.com/2011--2016-Nissan-NV-O-Mega-Step-set--one-98-driver-step-one-98-passenger-step--choose-satin-or-black-finish_p_1296.html.

There aren't too many stuff available for NV vans, I found out. The members of this forum have been very helpful to me.

Very nice....chphilo.... When u installed the audiovox DVD player did you hard wire the sound in?

Also I like those steps .... Need to check to see if Mama likes them....

Radin2son..... We chose the NV ..... We have 5 kids under 5 years old, (more in the future potentially), and a 70 lb husky. We love taking road trips. 5 car seats in a suv just doesn't work day in and day out.

We need to pull trailers and other farm related activities so the one ton chassis was a bonus too.

The nv was by far the leader in this segment for us. Looks, safety features, power... It has them all beat imo. Although the competition is very slim, I'll admit. I have had many coworkers and friends that have owned nissans, from Titans and armadas to versas ..,, All had had overall pleasant experiences while owning nissans.... Everything has problems but it's how the dealers and companies deal with those problems and it seems that among my circles Nissan has a great reputation in that. So in a nut shell that's how we arrived at the nv!!!

One thing we like about TX is all the working trucks that are also family vehicles. Your NVP fits right in.

We still have our TX park pass that is good through December, so we have some planning to do...

Hey chphilo.... Can u post pics and details on the dvd install .?? I cannot decide how I want to handle it... Two smaller players in rows 2 and 3 or just go for the bigger one in row 2???

We had the dvd player professionally installed so I can't tell you much, sorry. The sound  is hard-wired and comes through the factory speakers. Because where the light is located, we could not install it any further back than the spot you could see in the picture.

We got 4 wireless earphones and they work well, except a few times the sound became choppy for the earphones in the back of the van. I have two children who are prone to car-sickness, so multiple screen was not an option for us. I was worried about the screen  being too large, but everything works fine and kids love it.

post-1459-0-05460000-1467411775_thumb.jpeg

Twindaddy,

Like you, we also made the move from an Expedition EL. So far I'm resisting the DVD player. Our kids are old enough now that we're going to try to get by with tablets or portable players.

As for running boards, I just installed a set a little over a week ago. They are the black 98"/98" Luverne O-Mega steps that CHPHILO linked from Eurocampers above. I'm pretty happy with them. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to get some pictures on here sometime.

Sweet!!! Those are the steps I am leaning toward.... I want to hold off on the DVD player too!! I might be able to get by without it. Older kids have tablets, it's the 2 yr olds that are a bit of an issue... We will see how it goes.

Btw.... My kids are boy/girl twins almost 5, boy/boy twins 2, and a 3 month baby girl

Nice! We have boy (15), boy (13), girl (11.5), girl (10), boy (7). They just end up arguing about what dvd to watch anyway.