Sign in to follow this  
Bamps

Just got a 2500 standard roof cargo

Hi everyone I've been hanging out here a little while lurking and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm also on the Frontier forum as I've own those for almost two decades now. This is a 2015 NV2500 HD S (4.0L) and so far I love it. We got it thinking about a vehicle to mod into a little low budget camp van. I've already learned lots just by lurking a few days.

post-1590-0-47444300-1469831725_thumb.jpeg

Welcome. Blank canvas!

Keep the weight down and you may rival Axulsuv's mpg.

Thanks, we hope to. (I'm quite a ways from the old pueblo but in Az too)

Thought it might be CA or AZ from your yucca or Joshua tree photo. Where did you find your NV?

I've said this before, but if we did this over again we would go with the current Frontier 4x4 with roof/bed top tent system. We see a lot of Frontiers here.

Since you are on the Frontier forum, has there been any mention of problems with the cam shaft sensor? Mc2guy had a V8 with this problem and there were 2 V6 NVs with the "same problem" on the lot of the dealer where he was towed. I looked at the Titan forum and there was a problem, rough idling, difficult to start, with older models. The problem went away with a new sensor. Mc2guy had another problem with his NV and sold/traded it for a Ford 150.

Thought it might be CA or AZ from your yucca or Joshua tree photo. Where did you find your NV?

I've said this before, but if we did this over again we would go with the current Frontier 4x4 with roof/bed top tent system. We see a lot of Frontiers here.

Since you are on the Frontier forum, has there been any mention of problems with the cam shaft sensor? Mc2guy had a V8 with this problem and there were 2 V6 NVs with the "same problem" on the lot of the dealer where he was towed. I looked at the Titan forum and there was a problem, rough idling, difficult to start, with older models. The problem went away with a new sensor. Mc2guy had another problem with his NV and sold/traded it for a Ford 150.

I got my NV down at Phnx. It was chaotic. Ive never read any about the sensor, that doesn't mean it wasn't there tho. I personally have had few probs with Nissan. I've own 2 first gen Frontiers and am on my third second gen. Then we traded the wife's little Nissan in, in ran good. I did have a computer relay go out on my 05 frontier when I had it but it was fixed free by the dealer.

Welcome and congrats from Western PA. I would like to see exactly what you do to your van. I am new to the van scene (the last van I had was 30+ years ago).

Welcome.  Post the improvements you add and trips you take.  Heck post pics of it sitting in the driveway!  Kevin

Edited by KMG

Welcome and congrats from Western PA. I would like to see exactly what you do to your van. I am new to the van scene (the last van I had was 30+ years ago).

Thanks, this is my first van ever but yeah, I'll post up pics of the process. It's gonna be simple/cheap and not much to it. Basically, solar 12v, 115 shore plug, bed, frig. I also have a small camping trailer that I tow with my Frontier for long term camping

Welcome.  Post the improvements you add and trips you take.  Heck post pics of it sitting in the driveway!  Kevin

Thanks , ok, you asked for it . . .

post-1590-0-67942900-1470006486_thumb.jpeg

post-1590-0-95002100-1470006522_thumb.jpeg

post-1590-0-40630500-1470006569_thumb.jpeg

post-1590-0-23378700-1470006591_thumb.jpeg