The_Yeti

Just got our 2016 Nvp SL

Young family 2 daughters 5Month 2 years, adopting a newborn and possibly a sibling this year, and so far we are quite pleased with it however on delivery inspection found several small issues. No navigation chip which isn't a big deal in this day but is frustrating as it kills some hands free features a missing handle cover and tonight I found tow mode does not work. No light when dash lights are on and when pressed nothing happens.

Now I am probaly able to fix it but its brand new and that's what warranties are for right?

So far (all 350 miles) we love it, our girls love it, and it really turns heads! Haha! Few questions can't seem to find an avrg mpg mode only mph? Is there a way to make the 3rd row 4 across? Lastly floor matts, do they make any or what do you do?

Looking forward to working on it, making it our own, and growing in this group!

Welcome!

There is no average MPG anymore, they removed that a couple years back.  I think they didnt want to scare anybody!  The ones here that have one say it is optimistic by about 1 MPG vs. hand calculating after fill ups.  You should get around 13-15 MPG with the V8 on average with normal driving habits.  Since you mentioned the tow mode if you are towing anything large that will drop to 8-9 MPG.  With our small gas tanks that makes the towing range small but it's workable and with kids you normally want to stop every couple hours anyway!  

I had some small issues as well when it was brand new but Nissan took care of all of them under warranty.  I do have a recurring radio issue and am waiting on my 3rd Nav unit to come in...  Other than that it has been very reliable and comfortable for us.  

*** Floor mats - Nissan sells them and are available online or at the dealer.  For us and several others on here we are using carpet runners from Home Depot.  We have the last row out and the first two rows bumped back one spot each for more leg room.  They sell carpet runners almost the exact width needed and they work well.  The Nissan mats are nice from what I have seen.

Welcome.

Sometimes when I engage tow mode, at least I think I have, the light doesn't come on or I don't see it. Nebulous I know, but ithe dash light is is in a spot where the steering wheel can hide it. When you engage tow mode, have your passenger look to to see if it shows "tow." Tow mode can also be used to control speed on steep declines when not towing. Watch the revs go up but no need to worry.

Make sure you get the 2016 chip. It is rare that parts are in stock and it will be take 2 days for the dealer to get it. Inconvenient if a dealer isn't close to you. If you can, use a commercial dealer and get to know the commercial sales manager, if there is one, and a service adviser most familiar with NVs.

One thing I have been curious about is which sales associate sells NVs? The same one who sells Altimas? If so, are they familiar enough with NVs. It still bothers me that vehicles are being sold without a solid inspection. Waste of time to have to go back...

How did we buy ours? It was still at Sportsmobile, so we didn't deal with a sales associate. Instead, we negotiated through Sportsmobile with the NV sales manager at Dublin Nissan near San Francisco. At the time, they were selling SMBs. 30 were built and 1 remains to be sold. This arrangement is no more.

At two Nissan dealerships we talked to you could only talk to their Commercial team on the NV or NVP.  We bought ours right from the Commercial Manager.  Nice guy.  Remembered my name every time he saw me when I was in for service too (but I do stick out!).  

Yah that seems like a good idea to get the runners at HD!

The no mpg seems funny to me but oh well. Low mpg is nothing new from driving big trucks haha.

Yah I read it's in an odd spot but even then I don't see it when prying my head around. The other thing that makes me wonder is the button is not back lit? I'll be going to nissan to get it looked at and other things resolved.

I went to mossy in oceanside. They are a commercial dealer and when I walked in and was swarmed by sales people I told them I needed to talk to their commercial fleet dealer and that was it. He helped me the rest of the time.

Our current seat lay out is row 2 and 3 bumped back and row 2 single as well. The single in third is forward for ease of car seat install. This gives us the ability as of now to carry 6 plus our 2 girls. I wish I could do 4 accross in the 3rd row! That would be usefull! Then row 4 is in the garage. We can fit a cooler (soon to be an arb fridge) a double stroller, a box of emergency clothes/ baby stuff and diapers, and a costco run!

After the runners it will be remote start some how...

Mossy was 1 of 8-10 dealers who sold SMBs. I think our NV originally came from there and Dublin bought it at some point in the conversion process. In fall, 2012, it was hard to find a NV to buy, at least in AZ. We gave up on the idea of buying a van to convert.

Great family dynamics. Nothing but respect for families who adopt.

Edited by radin2son

Thanks radin2son! We are finally excited to meet our daughters who ever they may be. Since we are doing county adoption it is now , after almost 2 years of checks, inspections, and meetings, we are just waiting to get "the call".

From there it will be a long road of court, visitations if allowed, and trips to many many meetings where we plan on using the large nv interior to allow them to play in while I or my wife go to the needed meeting (what ever it may be) while the other plays with the girls!

This really is a great forum!