Sign in to follow this  
andy_george

If I was to predict the future....

I look at auto news quite regularly, and always find future product plans interesting. I've never heard of any insider info about the next generation of the NV, but I have a simple guess that seems to make sense to me. Now, I probably can't guess which pair of underwear I'll wear tomorrow, so this is a big step for me, but time will tell if I'm right on or way off!

I'm guessing the next NV shares the new Titan platform. And also much of the same body from the B-pillar forward, so the same front doors, hood, fenders, and grill. Similar to how the old Ford Super Duty and the Excursion were similar, just with different cabin space behind the front seats.

The new Titan already borrows heavily from the NV chassis, but with an improved drivetrain. This would cut down on development cost and time a lot, no doubt. It would take away some of the NVs trademark character, like the nearly perfectly vertical side windows, because the Titan has the typical "tip-in" as the greenhouse goes upward, but overall it could be made quite cool looking.

And as I've said before, it would give the NV the Cummins diesel, which would be so cool for so many people. I'd love to see an NV chassis cab, diesel, with boxes on the back, or made into class C motorhomes, etc.

Time will tell! I do love our NV as it is though, and probably wouldn't upgrade until it's worn out anyways. But it's always fun to watch the product planners...

-Andy

Not that I need a diesel but my service driver said that the new Cummins going into the NV will be epic, he is waiting to put the money down on it. He suspects the interior will be more like the Quest as well. Much nicer controls and placement.... and so much better mileage. Thats the only thing that kills me with this van is the bloody mileage, I feel like I have to haul a tanker full of gas whenever I go out of town.

12 years to go from Titan to Titan XD...

Yup, our current NVs should be classics by then. So will I, maybe not classic just too old to drive.