Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

Just purchased a used NV1500 Van. I don.\'t have NAV and Bluetooth phone or backup camera. This is my business van, and thest things are important to me. I didn't know that they came with these options. Guess I didn't do my homework :-).

There is a parts yard near me with a NV3500 in it wrecked in  front. It seems to have all these options. I cannot find a description on removal of the radio anywhere else.

I thought I saw one here, it was without pictures.

Can someone chime in with a link to topics that could help w/Bluetooth, radio and backup camera removal & installation?

I'll have to figure out how to search the archives of this forum. Next step I guess.

Thanks

Bill

Back, just some context, my NV1500 Van has single CD player, no hands free phone buttons on steering wheel. From what I see, the NAV unit stands alone, and backup camera shows up on same screen. Bluetooth jphone seems to be inside the same unit. So my questions:

- How to open up dash to remove CD radio to replace w/NAV/Bluetooth Phone/Backup camera stock unit. ( have tried to pry panel off around CD player with little success.

- Do these vans come pre-wired for Bluetooth phone connections under my flat plastic plate on steering wheel? IF so I can just buy panel with phone controls from junkyard and plug in.

- Is Backup camera pre-wired into van so I can hook up to NAV/CD/Backup camera unit that I want to put into dash?

NOTE, I have read posts here that people have removed Stock NAV/ Radio unit. Is there something wrong with that unit? Or are they just wanting more flexibility with Audio Inputs?

NOTE2: I am not that much interested in Audio, I don't want to be fiddling with phone and NAV while I am driving. I use NAV on Google Maps to get places and in-dash seems much more practical. Same with Bluetooth phone, enabling hands free phone usage.

Bill Melrose MA

http://nissannvforum.com/topic/671-how-to-remove-dash-panels-to-access-radio-or-pockets/

There's my write up. Takes an hour if you take your time and are careful. The dash removal tools make life easier but aren't necessary, you can use a butter knife as a pry tool! Just be careful.

Sorry, I don't know what all is prewired with the 1500. Hopefully one of our techs or dealers chimes in or another 1500 owner.

BTW. Welcome to the site!