Chris_CommercialManager

100% Confirmed Change for 2017

Hope all you guys are well, haven't been on much.  Honestly, business is sooooooo good here in Charlotte.

The new titan V8 will hit the NV model lineup in 2017.  Said to have better gas mileage than the current six.  Expected to be mated to a 7 speed transmission.  It will likely be re tuned.

Huh... wonder what trade in will be on my 2015!! 

That's great news and I am completely serious about getting the better motor and transmission.

Edited by ASD Dad

Rather I want to or not, I'll be sticking with my present NV quite a while and my Frontier.

Still no more details......post up when I hear something.  In fact you guys that r googling may know sooner than I.  Not sure.  No time to keep up lol.

worth waiting for the 2017? been considering selling my 07 sprinter. any changes to the v6? 

When IS the 2017 going to be released?  I have been looking for a press release about the NV since mid-summer.  Seems like a really late release.

i agree. i picked up my 2016 by mid October last year, so this is really late!

You would think there would be lots of van/truck magazine 2017 NV 3500 reviews coming out soon, but the new v8 and 7 sp trans were already introduced in the 2016 Titan.

The new big box van v8's new mileage should strip some of Transit's customer base who are not completely satisfied, after paying the big bucks. Unless you are a multi-disciplinary engineer with nothing better to do, the Transit looks like a good concept with some half-baked ideas that make a close-by dealership required(!) There are islands of brilliance though, but not enough to make it a reliable good vehicle system: without more money spent on top of the already high price, $$,$$$.$$. The soft lightweight frame that changes your alignment every time it is lifted was the biggest turn-off to me. I already do way too much  baby sitting with mechanics working on my vehicles :-(

I like the "HD" in front of the new 7sp transmission name for the 2017 NV 3500 too. 

Has anyone heard anything from the Titan owner forums on how the 2017 new v8 w/7sp trans powertrain is doing?

Interesting brief article in trucktrend.com that Ford held back production of F150 and Transits due to too much dealer inventory. Regarding the Transit, Ford seems to be waiting for private buyers. Judging by what is on the road, sales were huge for fleet buyers.

Yeah, but 2012 to 2016 were exactly the same from what I've noticed.

2017 is a new model year, when the efficient v8 will be matched up with a new 7 sp transmission.

The new engine should include new efi gas, and cylinder head technology for the next 5 model years which mirrors the reported performance and efficiency gains. But more than that, new technology engines are a lot more responsive than 8% efficiency would indicate. The new 2016 NV SV v8 I drove a couple of weeks back was the best ride I've ever ridden (just like the 2012 I'm sure), but if there was one slight deficiency, it would be performance responsiveness and gas mileage. And responsiveness and mileage is where efficient new technology engines are improved most (like the Ford 3.5L econoboost v6 and Ram's Maserati v6.) The difference is efficient v8 with 7 speed transmission: a more reliable combination for a tall HD van. Crown Vic's were remarkable v8's w/good gas mileage for example with efi and cylinder head design innovations: that they now just sell to cops and taxi's because it is too good a deal for retail customers - sunk cost of capital for 20 years.

Chris Commercial is the expert here, and if he is out of breath in between selling them, that's good enough for me. That's NOT JUST 8% more efficient engine, it's:

- 375/317 = 18% more hp (about same torque, still very good),

- 8% more efficient engine (as reported by Nissan),

- 7/5 = 40% more efficient in gears transmission (the MOST innovative change of all!),

- 14.5/11 = 32% reported city mileage increase, AND

- 20/16 = 25% reported highway mileage increase:

That's incredible(!) and I want the Nissan NV innovative model for the next 5 years. What a deal. You WANT (Engine + Trans + Van) that is the best combination of value together, and the NV SV 3500 Tall is that best combination of a vehicle assembly in today's market place (w/ Ford's noodle frame Transit's and Ram's underrated minivan transmissions.) There is no alternative, and the 2017's seem to be an innovative model year with value for the next 5 years at least.

So the model years should be (1) 2012 - 2016 and (2) 2017+.

I'm really looking for a shift in the knowledgeable HD tall van owners in 2017 towards the NV 3500 Tall's.

i agree. i picked up my 2016 by mid October last year, so this is really late!

Edited by breeze