Sign in to follow this  
foxy79

P0443 Evap Code

I purchased this van new on December 5 2011 with 14 miles V8 . Whwn leaving the lot I had to turn around and replace the interior light int the back cargo area. They gave me three bulbs and with in the week I replaced the rest of the bulbs. I told them about this and they think the batch of bulbs at the factory from sylvania were bad. Next thing is when I back up some times and cut the wheel it sounds like metal is rubbing together - they are still looking into this today. I now have 7600 miles on it and the light came on. P0443 evap short. The gas pours back out at you when trying to fill the tank. Not saying its a bad vehicle but is this going to be a problem. Maybe this will be it but I should call Nissan customer support to report this problems.

Got the EVAP fixed and they tell me the evap tank was full of water. How the beep did water get in the there. They were stumped by this. They had to call and report this to corporate/ engineering. This would be the fifth van they had with this problem. I have to go back on monday to reset the computer they did not do. Everything else seems to be ok.

A wild guess would be loose gas cap or bad seal in a rain storm. Purge vacuum pulled water in.