mgmoore7

The Mothership has arrived - New Silver NV Passenger SL

Well, after weeks of deliberation, research..... We purchased a Silver 2016 NV Passenger SL yesterday.  It is quite the upgrade in many ways over our '01 Limited Excursion which we have loved for the last 6 years and honestly still loved.  I had a bit of emotion as I getting the last few items out and handing over the keys.  Almost a 100k of family miles in that truck. 

This will be a family hauler for our family of 9.  The driving experience is actually similar to the Excursion, just newer, tighter, and quieter. 

My wife has named it "The Mothership"

A few immediately accessories will need to be rear floor mats & step bars.  

Welcome. Thanks for getting back to the forum, as a lot of people use the forum when searching or buying and for whatever reason disappear.

15 year old Ford...100,000 miles. Wonder how long it will take you to get to same mileage? The 5 year/100k warranty is there but there have been very few reports of needing it.

Here is a picture, not like yall have not seen these before, here it is anyway.

In the last couple of years, I think we have inched up to about 20k miles a year.  The amount of driving around town as increased alot since our older kids are involved in more activities around town.

My other vehicle is a F150 that I love but it is a up for sale and will be replaced with a used Prius and then will become our evening and weekend town vehicle.  Most of our driving now is not with the whole family but 1-4 kids depending on what the activity is.  

post-1787-0-61114300-1481545487_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgmoore7

Welcome to the family!  Nice looking NV there, we love our silver.  We had actually shopped for a used Excursion before buying our NV but the nice examples cost near the same as the NV!  They were either run into the ground, nice but with a ton of miles or modded/lifted/etc.  

Love the NV and couldnt be happier with the decision.  

Welcome to the family!  Nice looking NV there, we love our silver.  We had actually shopped for a used Excursion before buying our NV but the nice examples cost near the same as the NV!  They were either run into the ground, nice but with a ton of miles or modded/lifted/etc.  

Love the NV and couldnt be happier with the decision.  

Yes, we loved our Ex and it is just that we outgrew it.