Nvdad81

Crash info?

I have searched high and low for some information about how these nv handle them selfs in a crash. Whether it is a front end rear end side impact or a roll over. Nothing. I can't even find a picture of one on the internet that shows one that has been in a crash.

Does anybody have any information? Are these vans death traps or do they do ok? I guessed with their long front end they might fair well in a front end but who knows.

Nvdad81

X

Edited by Jerry

Death trap? Hardly, with the truck frame and all the airbags (assuming the integrity of the airbag manufacturer). The truck may be totaled but the occupants should be fine, provided everyone/thing is belted in and tied down.

The first NV I saw was a high top cargo. Next time I saw it, someone had t-boned it. No roll over. Looked awful, but it was still in use.

I got hit broadside but a girl who was texting vs. paying attention to the big red stop light.  She hit me with a 2015 Honda Civic in the passenger door.  About $6500 in damage but I drove away just fine and drove to the body shop.  I had my 3 kids with me who were all napping when it happened.  They barely knew we got hit!  Definitely woke them up but it wasnt a major incident.  The Honda had the entire front end smashed in.  

A local family owns a silver NV like mine and we have chatted a few times.  Wife hit a large buck at 45 mph (van was a whole 3 weeks old!).  They did over $10K in damage but overall they were just fine inside.  With the large hood the bucks antlers never made it back to the windshield which at that speed in a smaller vehicle is a major concern.  

The only issue both of us had was parts availability.  Nissan is selling so many they dont have extra parts right away.  I had to wait over a month and they waited almost 2-1/2 months total.  

Thanks for the responses. I'm convinced these vans aren't death traps or I wouldn't buy one. But it is a bit on the frusterating not know how well it keeps the occupants safe. I'm just surprised it's hard to find pictures even of accidents. I'm guessing that has to do with the fact that there are so few on the road.