mgmoore7

Step Bars Ordered

I ordered my Luverne® 575098 - MegaStep™ Polished Running Boards, Luverne® 571161 - MegaStep™ and O-MegaStep™ Boards Mounting Brackets from CarID.  They had the best price.

Unfortunately, they were dropped off without a signature and were damaged.  UPS is supposed to come and get them and I will get a new set. 

To be honest, I am not really impressed with these especially for how much $ they are.  We are just in a supply and demand issue though and these look the best.  I have much nicer ones on my F150 and I paid about $250.  These were over $700 shipped.  

So now I get to wait to return them and get new ones.  Probably will take 1-2 weeks.  :(

I noticed the severe lack of options when we were looking.  You are right, I paid $275 for some polished stainless bars for my Tundra that had a lifetime warranty and were Solid!  For our vans?  Big bucks as you have found.  You would think with all of these being used for shuttles we would have some more options.  

Thankfully my kids and dogs dont mind climbing in.  Even my then 3 yr old would climb right up.  The biggest issue is our parents, we actually have one of those little folding step stools for both moms when they ride with us.  

ASD Dad

Yes, I am actually considering just returning and not replacing them especially since after seeing them I wonder how well they will hold up and what they will look like in a few years.  I know my family will appreciate the step but at over $700, I am having second thoughts.  

I am going to think about it a bit over the next few days.

I bought a set from autoanything. They were around $250 shipped. They are black boards, not nerf bars. They really dress up the van and didn't break the bank. The downside is the very back of the passenger side is very soft. I am trying to get another bracket ordered to put a second one in back there.

I bought a set from autoanything. They were around $250 shipped. They are black boards, not nerf bars. They really dress up the van and didn't break the bank. The downside is the very back of the passenger side is very soft. I am trying to get another bracket ordered to put a second one in back there.

I really wanted chrome since the rest of the vehicle is accented in chrome.  I am sure black would look ok  though. 

i think the black makes it look tougher.  The bars are so close to the ground that i think black looks really nice.

And I normally really love chrome, I had the wheel covers on my MG Midget chromed over the anodized aluminum because it looked so much better.(although not original)

We have the Luverne MegaSteps, the chrome ones. I got them for about $600 with brackets and shipped for the 'long long' set up. If you give them a call they will cut you a deal if you can send them to a business, it can be a home business even. 

We installed them ourselves even :)

Will include my blog link so you can see what it looks like.

http://veganrunnermommy.blogspot.com/2016/10/luverne-running-boards-for-nissan-nv.html