SheHaul

E Track?

Hey all, me again!

So I think I've got my ramp situation sorted out but now I'm on to the interior. I have mounted e track all throughout my enclosed trailer and would like to do so along the sides on the cargo area in the NV. Has anyone here done that? Any suggestions on what type of fasteners to use and where to fasten them? I'm sure I could figure it out but before I go drilling holes, I always like to hear from experience.

Again, thanks in advance!

I had e track mounted in my other van. I would use 1/4 20 (or larger) rivnuts. They are excellent for mounting things to interior sheet metal. You will need to buy a tool to install them but you can find them cheap on ebay etc.

There are 14 weld nut locations (driver's side) and 6 of the same (passenger's side). All accept M8 x 1.25 thread pitch bolts. These are factory installed mounting points for shelving installation. You may find them useful.

There are also 10 weld nut locations in the center of the interior roof (two per rib). But these are different - M6 x 1.0 bolts.

Other than that - go with the rivnuts or Nord-lock washers on regular nuts and bolts.

I installed etrack using self tapping screws. I wanted to keep factory mounts available for other uses. Keep in mind when using etrack you should secure your load stresses on a shear bias to the fasteners holding your etrack in place. Do not secure load buy pulling straight away from fastener.if you use self tapping screws.