Sign in to follow this  
trdriver71

Hello

Hello and welcome to the site.  Since you have owned yours from new, how many miles/km's are on it now?  Any issues over the past 4-5 years of ownership?  Major repairs?  How has your overall gas consumption been?

Lots of questions but there are not as many long term owners here vs. new!  Since you like to camp I am guessing you tow a camper.  That is the whole reason we bought ours.  It was the only choice available that could tow a good sized camper and haul the family in comfort.

I only have 28000 km on it and so far the only problem i have had with it was the rear doors creaking. I had to take it in multiple times for that as it sounded like it was the slideing door and they kept adjusting that till one day they had 2 techs ride in it at one time to figure it out. I get about 15L/100 for fuel mileage even towing my trailer i have a 24' fleetwood one of the reasons for getting the van because my wife was tired of camping in a tent trailer as that was all we could pull with a mini van. I find that this van uses about maybe even a little less that my last dodge caravan.

Welcome to one of the early believers. Based on commercial van sales data, very few NVs ever made it to Canada. Bates, who sells them in Alberta (?) always wanted more plus 4x4 to sell. You must have to deal with "What is that?" much more than we have in the lower 48.

What part of Canada are you from? We would be interested in any camping suggestions you might have. We want to return to BC and the eastern provinces.

There is a great number of dealers in Alberta I bought mine at sherwood nissan I live in edmonton alberta and i see these vans everywhere in cargo or in passenger and the dealer we bought our van from also has 4x4's. As for camping suggestions I usually stay within Alberta but this year all the  national park passes are free but you will have to book early to get a camping spot. I do like camping at Jasper national park the whistlers campground, if your closer to Edmonton you could camp at Miquelon lake we go there often. We have also gone to cross lake provincial park which is north of Edmonton.

15 mpg is great and almost unheard of towing!  I would be happy with 15 not towing, I average around 8-9 when towing.  Happy to hear of no big issues but your van is barely broken in at that mileage!  I put on 25,000 miles the first year I owned my NVP and many of those were towing.

lol that was 15L/100km we also own a nissan cube I just drove my van to and from work but im am off work sick right now so that cuts back on the milage even though i live only 4 km from work.

15L/100km translates out to 15.7 MPG for US MPG.  That is very good MPG for a V8 NV and unheard of MPG for a NV towing anything.  I towed an empty landscape trailer and even that dropped 2 mpg just due to drag from the back gate.  

I work from home and still put that many miles on!  The joys of having two kids who have therapy 4 days a week.

Im not sure  what im  doing right but I am a truck driver and used to pulling a trailer and i get about 8 mpg with my rig on average with a 12.7 l detroit

Now I get the tr (truck) driver, just slow I guess. Bates also is/was in Edmonton at a commercial dealership. You may have bought yours from him.

We camped at Whistlers. Between a bear alert and elk in the playground, we enjoyed our short stay. Is the no fee part of a centennial celebration?

I bought my van at www.sherwoodnissan.ca they are actually located in sherwood park alberta which is right next to edmonton and the closest dealer to me in the area of edmonton i live in. When I pull my trailer I pull it at 105 km/h on average. 

Edited by trdriver71