Sign in to follow this  
lvidave

NV High Roof Ladder Rack

I just purchased a High Roof NV. I need to haul 5 to 6 step ladders (4', 6', 8', 10', 12'). The outfitter said the drop down version of the ladder rack run about $1600 and the double drop runs about $2300. The one I was quoted was by Prime Design.

Anyone have any advice on a drop down ladder rack? Better Price?

I have also heard about people cutting down the bulkhead and enclosing the area above the drivers head to create a "mothers attic" type space. Then I heard a contractor was able to fit a 12' step ladder inside using this extra space.

Wondering if I can build a rack inside, maybe above the adrian shelving to hold my 8' and 10' step ladders? In addition to the 4' and 6' ladders I will have in there.

/Dave

post-247-0-94289000-1347765522_thumb.jpg

I'm getting a 2500 SV high roof and the dealer suggested that I use the standard height bulkhead. That way I should be able to carry 12' moulding. After I found the out how much the ladder rack cost, I decided I'm going to get the largest Little Giant ladder made and carry it inside, at about one third the cost.

Edited by Paul

I ordered my dual drop down ladder rack 3 weeks ago. Should be he in a week. Set me back about $2300. I will let know how it works when I get it.

http://www.adriansteel.com

Got mine from Adrian steel for my 30 footer.

Grab handle Sticks out on the right side so watch for trees.

I have 3 ladders strapped above the bins against the sidewall.

Edited by Dennis.Moore

http://www.adriansteel.com

Got mine from Adrian steel for my 30 footer.

Grab handle Sticks out on the right side so watch for trees.

I have 3 ladders strapped above the bins against the sidewall.

What was the cost?

I got one from Americanvan.com.430$ It is not a drop down kind but has a rear extension and a roller to slide ladders into the roof. I still need to stand on 6 footer to put ladders on the roof

I got one from Americanvan.com.430$ It is not a drop down kind but has a rear extension and a roller to slide ladders into the roof. I still need to stand on 6 footer to put ladders on the roof

Hello!  

I just purchased a NV High Roof and was curious to how you liked this ladder rack.  I am looking at something like this.  Do you have a brand name on it? 

Thank you!