Nissan11

How Will You Use Your NCV?

You've seen the pictures, and scoured the Nissan Commercial Vehicles website now, it's time to start talking about how you plan to use the NCV.

I've talked with locksmiths, dog groomers, food vendors, electricians, even a warden at a prison.

What do you see yourself using the NCV for and how do you plan to upfit your vehicles?

What do you need to make the NCV work for you?

You've seen the pictures, and scoured the Nissan Commercial Vehicles website now, it's time to start talking about how you plan to use the NCV.

I've talked with locksmiths, dog groomers, food vendors, electricians, even a warden at a prison.

What do you see yourself using the NCV for and how do you plan to upfit your vehicles?

What do you need to make the NCV work for you?

My father will have a commercial platform lift (think schoolbus) installed in the rear of his van and use his van will be used as a way to move his oversized wheel chair and himself in comfort. Unlike other empty vans or traditional lift outfitted vans this one allows him to stand up and walk to either of the front seats once the lift gets hime inside the back doors. We've done months of research and planning and we finally took delivery of the vehicle last night.

I own and operate a regional snowboard sales agency so I purchased the NV van for all sorts of traveling within my 12 state region. The van will be used for on-snow demos, a mobile office, lounge, tradeshows and much more. We'll be fully customizing the van way beyond the basic cargo van style to show the younger generation how much you can do and how much fun you can have with a cool van. Lots of wild things to come with our NV project. Interior board racks, couch w/flip out bed, Nismo goodies, Kicker/Alpine sound system, this won't be your average Nissan NV!

Stay tuned for more on the Shred Sled...

We plan to do a RV conversion and travel the country.

Howdy Folks,

I just purchased an NV 2500HD V6 High Roof.

I'm a freelance film/tv sound engineer in Texas. I've longed for a vehicle that I can keep my carts and such built on and ready to roll off whenever, wherever, without having to assemble stuff every time we change locations. This will do that nicely. I'm also planning to add a seat behind the driver, plus a bulkhead. I'd like to make the passenger area comfortable for trips and such, while still having plenty of cargo space in the rear half.

I've yet to have mine a week and I already love this beast.

Pre-modification pics here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115889527626615191507/albums/5687217045556955825

Cheers,

Sean

Here is maybe a new one:

We are a non-profit animal welfare group that is considering an NV2500 to set up to transport dogs and cats from our local TN kill shelter to northern states shelters and animal rescues that want these locally-unwanted animals. We will likely put a plywood floor in, covered with sheet vinyl and use plastic animal crates of various sizes (depending on each load). Removable carriers will allow us to easily clean between loads.

We will likely put a plywood floor in, covered with sheet vinyl and use plastic animal crates of various sizes (depending on each load). Removable carriers will allow us to easily clean between loads.

You may just want to consider the padded vinyl floor that comes with the SV... it's pretty bulletproof. You could put your removable layer right on top of that.

I purchased a 2012 NV2500 HD High Top V8 for my company Cinema At Home. We are a custom A/V integrations company located near KC. The NV blows my old Ford Econoline away!

The dealer installed the Cable Contractor Upfit Package. I plan on adding more shelves on top of the Adrian Steel shelves as they are only about 52" tall. So that means LOTS of wasted space perfect for more storage, cabinets, tool boxes, etc!

Darren

Cinema at Home

www.cinemaathome.biz

A boring use......but 100% use will be delivering industrial controls and automation components in boxes, and pallets to.........OK, here's the fun part.........Toyota plants.

I plan on getting one to convert to a stealth RV and live in it full time.

My high top v6 is just for fun. Haul my dirt bike, tow a trailer now and then with my Polaris Razor. Camping with the wife, bring our bicycles and all the camping gear and still lots of room. I opted for the optional 3 shelves and took one out and mounted it in the garage for extra storage.

Mine will replace my Mazda MPV as a "utility" vehicle, but still be able to haul the whole family (wife and five kids) plus all of the gear for vacations, and tow something if I need to.  I also shouldn't need to rent a flatbed from Home Depot to get building materials home.

got my v8 3500 for my buisness, my crew will be driving it about 800-1000 miles a week, constantly loaded with about 2k lbs of weight. we'll see how it holds up

I'm using my (new to me) 2012 2500 low roof for travel, camping, and future van dwelling. The interior will be modular aluminum boxes to accommodate batteries, electronics, etc. Other boxes will house cooking area, cleaning, and will be mounted on slides to extend out the back doors. The design genius of the NV allows for my concept to work.

I'm using my 2013 NV 2500HD SV to carry vegetables to farmers markets. I need to investigate some shelving systems that would work with crates and bins, so I can have more than one level when I need one. Fold down shelves would be idea.

My father will have a commercial platform lift (think schoolbus) installed in the rear of his van and use his van will be used as a way to move his oversized wheel chair and himself in comfort. Unlike other empty vans or traditional lift outfitted vans this one allows him to stand up and walk to either of the front seats once the lift gets hime inside the back doors. We've done months of research and planning and we finally took delivery of the vehicle last night.

As a wheel chair accessible van our new high roof 2500 nv has worked out very well as a side loader with a vmi folding hydralic lift. We removed the center consel between the front seats to make it a step through van, leveled the floor and moved the power unit (located in the consel) onto the remaining dup holder --simply drilled out the space between the two  cup holder locations  and relocated the factory connecting cord forward under the cup holder and carpet,

Howdy Folks,

I just purchased an NV 2500HD V6 High Roof.

I'm a freelance film/tv sound engineer in Texas. I've longed for a vehicle that I can keep my carts and such built on and ready to roll off whenever, wherever, without having to assemble stuff every time we change locations. This will do that nicely. I'm also planning to add a seat behind the driver, plus a bulkhead. I'd like to make the passenger area comfortable for trips and such, while still having plenty of cargo space in the rear half.

I've yet to have mine a week and I already love this beast.

Pre-modification pics here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115889527626615191507/albums/5687217045556955825

Cheers,

Sean

I am a young and family audience theatre artist...www.purplepirate.com 

I just bought a 3500 SV HD High roof for keeping my gear on carts as well. I am really looking forward to rolling in...and rolling out. 

Shlepping and puzzling my gear into a station wagon is no longer. 

Super excited to be more efficient. 

Just bought a slightly used '14 3500SL to replace my '02 Ford Excursion Diesel to be a daily driver and haul my toys.

A 23' 6000lb boat on the hitch and giant scale R/C Planes on the inside.

Unfortunately,I have to say after driving it for 2 days now it's nowhere near the vehicle the Excursion was.

Granted I paid 44k for the Ex 12 years ago and only paid 33k for the NV today but still wouldve expected the NV to have come better equipped than it did considering its the top of the line model.Many of these missing items come fairly standard on most vehicles today such as automatic up on the drivers window,automatic headlights,key in ignition anti lockout,visor mirrors etc.

It's a long list.Yes,I know you get what you pay for and that Nissan is really targeting the commercial market,but they're really missing the mark with the SL version.

Beyond that the build quality leaves quite a bit to be desired.From the uneven body panel gaps and misaligned bumper mounting to the seats that squeak like a bunch of angry mice.

FYI,when I say mine was bought slightly used it was only driven for a month..it hasnt been abused in the least.