foerider65

Stock wheel weight?

Hey, just curious if anyone knows the stock steel rim weight, for the styled sv rims?  I just wanted to factor that into the the new wheels/tire combos I'm looking at.

I dont know how much but I’ve been seriously thinking about going aftermarket alloy rims after lifting that tire/wheel into the bed of my truck the other day when I had a flat. I felt a pop in my knee on that one. Im sure it is close to 100 lbs on the tire/wheel combo

Edited by Bamps

I haven't weighed mine directly, but through rough weighing the wheels with tires and subtracting the manufacturer tire weight, I get: 

40 lbs (For SL tires, which I think are the same).

I'd be interested to get some real readings from someone with bare rims.

Edited by cray54

Okay, well out of curiosity I found a scale and lowered my spare and found it to be 75lbs.  Then I realized the spare rim was different and looked lighter than my styled SV rims.  So I took off one of those and found it to be 74lbs with pretty worn tires.  So I'm guessing 35lbs for the rims with holes, and maybe 38 or so pounds for the styled rims.  So my new rims are 27lbs which is quite a decrease, but the tires will be heavier.