Sign in to follow this  
Simon & B

Van Conversion - take 2

We discovered that our first try at turning our NV Cargo into camping heaven was a bust, so we're in the middle of a do over.

Check out https://oddstray.com/2019/05/06/van-conversion-take-2/

Comments/critiques welcome.

First, you initial plan to keep it easy to convert back and forth between camper and cargo van let you do this. It also lets you change NVs if needed.

The only thing I would add, if it isn’t in your plans, is some sort of barrier, front and rear, to keep stacked things in place on rough roads.

That is quite the mattress. Do you really need something that plush?

The only thing I would add, if it isn’t in your plans, is some sort of barrier, front and rear, to keep stacked things in place on rough roads.

I'm trying to avoid that, it would make it difficult to climb into bed. This pm, I attached a pair of Hammock storage bags, one along each side 'up top' to secure the bedding and other assorted junk whilst traveling. We'll see if that works. I get your point, though.

That is quite the mattress. Do you really need something that plush?

Heh! It's a cheapo air mattress, weighs about 2 pounds  :) 

I was looking at the stacked boxes in the tray. If that was just to show what would fit, then no problem. I’ve seen photos of hammock bags in vans.

I figured it was an air mattress you could easily store if needed. Maybe it was the photo angle but it looked like the head room we have when sleeping on top.

Still like how you can change/improve things...

I was looking at the stacked boxes in the tray. If that was just to show what would fit, then no problem.

Well, actually no, it wasn't - isn't just for show. It turns out that the AL C-channel stops those things from moving around on the slide-out tray, even after some pretty heavy braking. That's just lucky, I didn't plan it that way.

Put another way, I measured those things so carefully that I knew I wouldn't need any kind of restraint from stuff moving around on the tray. No siree!

I'll keep an eye on it.