trav.cunningham

Chevy Express Totalled - Looking at the NV

Hello,

We've had a Chevy Express van for the past 5 years and it was recently totalled. There is a 2012 NV SL 3500 that is within our price range and I really like it. A definite step up.

We live in the Phoenix area in Arizona. We have 7 kids (ages 1-14) and we tow a large pop-up trailer.

Anything I should be looking out for (besides the dealer trying to attached a million fees)?

Have you checked the various sites to see what a similar NV sells for in your area? You also may be able to find out what it cost new. Motor Trend did a 2019 cargo van review and estimated cargo NVs will retain 53% of value after 5 years.

If there are no service records, previous owner info or limited warranty, you may want to have a mechanic look at it. There have been a few problems related to neglected service, but that may be more of an issue for cargo vans or V6.

High mileage? No problem. These are more than capable of running far longer than most of us need.

2012. No problem as well. Very few changes each model year.

You will love this van/truck...

Edited by radin2son

I agree with everything Rad says. The NV is better in every area than the Express.... find one that hasn’t been neglected and you’ll be happy for a long time!

Thanks! The price seems fair and the carfax shows one owner with consistent service records. It seems like we need to jump on this one.

I appreciate the responses and I hope to be joining the NV club soon.