Randucci

Front light bar and bumper....

I wanted to mount a light bar on the front plus give a little protection in case someone backed into me (a light impact). I didn't want a large overpowering tube guard, so I ended up fabrication my own design. I used a 18" piece "D" shaped rubber dock bumper material and mounted it to a piece of aluminum rectangular tubing I bent to match the stock bumper curve/radius. The "D" shaped rubber dock bumper is stiff, but will give enough to add a little protection. Since I changed the main headlights to LEDs, the daytime running lights don't work on them, so, I wanted to add a couple LEDs to the light bar as DRLs. It came out good with a minimal look, let me know what you think.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMag7xpV1AfUV7_fbfAjvPUdOtCH4a5SZfCs22VfzZ-yChjPdw1R9nU24QBp89ySA?key=c1BDUHlmSzhYME9WR0RxeG4tenM2N0pYa2k4UV9R

Edited by Randucci

The link's not working, but it sounds like a pretty good idea.

The link's not working, but it sounds like a pretty good idea.

Please check the link again and let me know if it works.

Wow, nice work. Looks tough and purposeful. And the red tow hooks add just enough contrast up there. Nice!

I like it!  A lot!  Clean and simple.

How is the light bar wired?  Is it flood or spot?  

i also have LED's in my headlights but still want better long distance illumination.  

I like it!  A lot!  Clean and simple.

How is the light bar wired?  Is it flood or spot?  

i also have LED's in my headlights but still want better long distance illumination.  

I would say the light bar is more flood than spot. I used to off road race and found that Cibie 5 1/2" or 7" Dia. round lights gave the best pattern and range, that was back in the days of halogen bulbs though. I have found LED bulbs to be very bright, but don't have much range. I know that the 5 1/2" or 7" Dia. round lights might not go the best with the square or rectangular lines of the NV thought. I think a great Aux. light might be to get Cibie or Hella 5 1/2" or 7" Dia. round replacement headlights that have a low/high capability using halogen 80/100 watt bulbs and put them in housings. That way you could switch them between short and long distances. 

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-002395801-Halogen-Conversion-Headlamp/dp/B001G72SKQ/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=cibie+replacement+headlights&qid=1562690615&s=automotive&sr=1-9

You can see in the "Frequently bought together" section at the bottom, it has the lights, wire harness and the 100/80 watt bulbs. You would need to get housings/buckets, but there are lots of those available.

My light bar in the bumper cutout is a combo of spot/flood reflectors. I