ASD Dad

Nissan killed the Cummins

Nissan is dropping the Cummins V8 from the Titan and Cummins will no longer produce it after Nissan stops using them.  Nissan is also dropping the regular cab Titan.

So much for the pipe dream of a diesel NV.  Honestly if the NV did get one it would be a small 4 cyl diesel for gas mileage for all the contractors.  This is still a commercial van first and passenger van second.  

With Nissan profit tanking and the large layoffs I am happy they still make the NV period.  If they do announce they are going to drop the NV I would seriously consider trading my 2015 for a new one to keep it around the family as long as possible.

I saw that sad news yesterday. I was really considering getting a Diesel Titan as a work truck since it seemed the Diesel NV would never happen. But now I don

Nissan USA seemingly has no clue what it wants to be. Why would you build a cargo van with 3 trim levels? The boss won

Edited by radin2son

I am wondering if they will still make the Titan HD with the gasoline V8. The Frontier has been unchanged since 2005 and the Frontier/Navarra (np300) for the rest of the world is beginning to be old now but we are still with the same old d40 Frontiers. Those suit me fine as I use them as a beat the tar out of them and go get a new one truck and dont want the smoother riding carlike trucks the other manufacterers are selling.

Honestly after working for Nissan for a number of years and helping with development of the Diesel Titan, I understood why they got rid of it.

They really didn't sell too well and I know they had a handful of drivetrain problems after seeing some myself and dealer techs telling me all about it.

The next 10 years will really tell us how Nissan is deciding to model their vehicles.

On 4/1/13, or thereabouts, Truck Trend posted an article about Chevy rebadging the larger NV similar to the NV 200. Although an April Fool's joke, it might have worked...

There also was an early, now very old rumor that Titan would become a rebadged Ram. What might have been... No mention of rebadged Frontier...

Edited by radin2son

I

I saw the Titan dumped the 7 speed transmission it shared with the NV, and now has a 9 speed. And the 5.6 is up to 400hp. Taking that updated motor and tranny and plopping it in the NV would make for quite a sleeper lol.

Hello, Nissan...?

There was news after the GM strike

Edited by radin2son

On second thought, maybe Nissan (returns to*) the electric game if Chevy City Express continues to use the rebadged NV 200 in its plans for electric trucks. The NV 200 is a world van, built in Mexico, India, Spain, China, Malaysia as well as Japan.

*In 2012 at the North American Auto Show, the NVe200 concept had the same engine as the Leaf with a 73 mile range.

Back to the original thread. I still would like Nissan to make a deal with FCA to use eTorque in the Titan and larger NVs.

Edited by radin2son

Back to electric. Saw an article that there is proposal to encourage the general health of the auto industry and growth of home grown electric vehicles. The plan is to offer $3-5k for your 8+ year old vehicle plus a $2k rebate or something. Vehicles turned in will be crushed. Granted, many people don