Sign in to follow this  
radin2son

NV camper conversions hold their resale value

conversiontrader.com has a 2018 diy V6 hightop for sale. $46k. 30k miles. Owner in Rhode Island describes it a

Another NV camper van for sale on Conversion Trader. This time a 2015 NV 200 with 48k miles for $26500.

I didn

Yet another... 2018 NV 2500 high top with 2,100 miles for $41k. Did the owner just want to do the conversion and move on?

For those of you following the forum for an extended period, one of the early on (2012) diy NV high tops is for sale on conversiontrader.com for $32k. V6 with 109,000 miles.

Dave Anderson is a climber and videographer. Look for his build

We'll be selling our 2016 3500 HD within the next two weeks. I had to create a new account because I couldn't sign in, but my old username is DesertTed. We're selling the van because we're just not using her (using Hubby's 2500 pretty much exclusively now).

She has 27,000 miles, and you can see the conversion process here in the conversion thread under my old user name "Camping conversion in Tucson). She has all kinds of goodies including a folding Bike Friday in the sliding bicycle drawer.

$34K firm. We aren't into playing games and the price is fair.

Ted

Only the NV 200 appears to have been sold or removed from conversion trader. Sold vans are not tracked. Sportsmobile had a NV 2500 low top, no pop top, on their site that was listed as sold. Despite holding their value, there has to be a buyer who knows this. There is a lot of competition from much older Sprinters, Fords, Chevys and Dodges as well as from the current ProMaster. Too few Transits and too many new Sprinters...

Edited by radin2son

Speaking of Sportsmobile, the Austin, TX facility has a 2014 NV 200 for $14,000. 54,000 miles at 22-25 mpg. Minimalist design for 2. May have been a rental.

If anyone is looking for a used NV, the Sportsmobile forum

Edited by radin2son

2012 NV 2500 Sportsmobile pop top for sale , $47,321 at an Airstream dealership in Los Angeles. Blue with gray top. No mileage or engine info provided.

Interesting variation as it has windows all around, 2 CRLawrence windows on driver

Edited by radin2son

We are officially putting up for sale ($34K) since we paid off loan:

2016 Nissan NV3500HD SL (top of the line except for no leather seats) with 27,000 (90+% highway)miles. Now that we've paid off the loan(!!!), we can put her on the market. The clear title should arrive within a week or so. Van is now in Southern New Mexico and we'll be bringing her to the RTR if she is not sold before then.

20 months and 73,000 miles remaining on original (5yr/100,00mile) bumper-to-bumper factory warranty. Here is a long, detailed (not inclusive) list. I'll add things as I remember them:

Technology package including rear camera and GPS with huge locking center console)

Full sized bed with 6inch memory foam mattress along with mattress pad and sheets

Hinged storage compartments on each side of bed (approx 7 cubic feet total)

4.6cu/ft Truckfridge

440 watts solar on Vantech roofrack with 200ah of battery (room for 300ah)

Rear stainless steel ladder with stainless antenna pole holder

Blueskies 3000i charge controller

1100w Kri

Edited by DesertTed#2

Not that it matters a whole lot, but I doubt this thread gets much traffic to warrant a for sale  sign. 

Edited by radin2son

Another NV 2500 high top for sale on conversiontrader.com

2018 for $65,000 obo with 13500 miles. Good looking conversion. Serious coffee drinker(s). Have to admit that there is nothing better than a cup of coffee watching the sunrise...

Edited by radin2son

Another NV camper for sale on 

conversiontrader.com

2015 NV 2500 V6 standard top converted by Colorado Camper for $68,000. 56,000 miles.

Why so much? Supply and demand. Very few pop tops show up for sale and this one is loaded with some interesting stuff. 

Too bad it isn’t a V8 with 4x4. Quigley or Advanced may have converted V6s at one point. Both convert used vans under 60,00 miles if you have an extra $10-15,000. 

Edited by radin2son

Another NV 2500 V6 high top for sale on conversiontrader.com.  2018 with 11,000 miles for $30,995. Lots of warranty left. 

Interesting setup, bunkbeds, rack system for kitchen etc. and portable ac unit. 

Lives just down down the road from us but have never seen it. 

Edited by radin2son

2012 NV 3500 hightop diy conversion for $23,900. 109,000 miles. Fairly basic conversion. 

Probably not the best time to sell a camper van. Another NV post on conversiontrader.com. 

2012 NV 2500 V8 hightop (6’3” headroom) with 107,000 miles for $35k. Good looking build. Located in Phoenix area and owner is willing to deliver and fly back. 

4/12 Unless I misread the price, it now is $30k. 

Edited by radin2son

One of the problems with conversion trader is there is no way to determine if the van was sold or simply taken off the site. The above NV is no longer listed. 

Only 2 diy conversion posts remain. 

A NV 2500 hightop has returned to conversion trader. Joins 2 others, poptop and hightop, that have been  there awhile. 

Even of if you are not in the market for buying a converted camper van, they are worth looking at for ideas. 

My nephew just mentioned upgrading from his current Transit Connect DIY conversion to something already finished on the used market.  I’ll send him to conversiontrader??

If your nephew is inclined to stick with Ford, he should check out the sportsmobile forum. It primarily is an E Series site that regularly report on and review Craigslist finds etc, and offer help with diy builds. Very good resource. 

Some posts regarding GM. Sportsmobile still converts a few of these. 

NVs are off their radar so not worth getting their input. My last post was at 50k just to poke the naysayers in the eye. Will do it again at 100k. 

Ironically, we were looking at a 2012 Ford, but with a poptop it was too tall to fit in our carport. That is when we found NVs. Tight fit. 

BDDC02B0-2FDE-4EB7-A9B3-A935CB0FE2A0.jpeg

NV conversions may hold their resale value, but have any sold? With a few exceptions, it is unknown if any  listed on this site and on conversion trader are sold. 

On conversion trader there there is a 1979 Chevy G20 for sale ($30k) with 48k on the odometer. My first reaction is who would pay this much for a “classic” especially when you look at the driver area. It is, however, a great conversion. A similarly aged Dodge is long gone. 

Or or would you rather buy a NV? Design is 8 years and counting with rumors of its demise. 

I had people pretty much fighting over mine it seemed like. Constant offers at or around my asking price. I think everyone wants to get out this year and vans have been selling like crazy. I haven't decided to accept any offers since I'd also like to travel a little this year with it. 

Also Nissan did end the production. I remember when I still worked for them in 2018 they were saying they were going to but I still chose to buy one knowing they were the best built.

The person who buys a 1979 Chevy van for $30k, with “new” vans in that price range, must be nostalgic or wants a older van that attracts attention and says I’ve been doing this a long time. Or just as you said, camper vans sell themselves right now.  

I always wanted a ‘67 VW camper van. Ended up buying a used ‘83 Vanagan Westy in 1984. No nostalgia for that van. When we decide to sell our 2012 Sportsmobile NV, we will miss it. 

Conversion Trader has a 2012  NV standard top 2500 for $36,500 with 43,426 miles. Nice looking conversion, that should provide NVP owners with some good ideas. 

For what it’s worth, literally. To my knowledge, there have only been 2 resales of Nissan Sportsmobile conversions. 30 were built. Almost all at the Fresno, CA facility.

Fresno is no more. Sprinter and Transit builds in the works will be completed. 2 year wait time. 

“SMB” Reno will build the E-Classic (Ford 350 cutaway) and Fuso. 

Will this impact our NV SMB resale value? Who ever thought a NV could be a classic? 

conversion trader.com has a 2013 NV 3500 SV, standard top cargo for sale. Converted in 2020. $51k. 

100,000 miles. 

If you want a small, interior  shower and 2 TVs...