Sign in to follow this  
aztec

12v source

Need a 12v source in the back of my 3500 cargo that comes on with the ignition in run or accessory.  I found a red wire poking out the split tubing that runs the length of the cargo area.  Not sure if they put that there for me to exploit or just oopsed and got a knot in the cable.  I'll test it, but was wondering if someone had a favorite tap-in point.      

Did you figure out the source?   I have a big white wire maybe 4guage in the spit tubing to the back but I believe its for the 120v outlet inverter in the back.  Not sure if it's live or only when I turn on the 120v AC switch.  I was looking at drilling a hole in the front passenger footwell for my battery isolator switch.  Heard there was a hold there already, but can't find it.

Ran a wire from the fuse block.  

at the inverter in the back, i used a splice clamp on the SMALL white wire before the harness that plugs into the inverter and grounded it and its now charging all my cordless batteries. before it would cut out and stop charging. i didn't cut the wire, just used a splice clamp and ran the wire that i clamped on to the metal bracket thats grounded.