Navyguy

Random Part

Good Day All

Found this part laying on the floor (driver side) of my 2017 NV2500 this morning.  Took it to the dealership and they had no idea where it might be from.  They seemed to think it came from the steering column, but selector and tilt all seem OK.  Thought it came from the seat, but it sees to be OK too. 

Only identifying mark on the material is PA66 (which is a fire rating for plastic), there is blue locktite where the mounting screws would be and white grease in the stepped positions and on the side.  No wear marks on it, so it either works very smooth or is not used often.

Asked the dealership to look on an expanded parts list, but all they wanted to do was book it in for a couple of days and see if they can find where it is from.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers

John

IMG_20200210_1701419.jpg

IMG_20200210_1701150.jpg

IMG_20200210_1701215.jpg

IMG_20200210_1701299.jpg

Possibly the gear selector plate near the steering column that has fallen out on other vans, newer than ours. There are posts, photos (black part) about this under NV Model Specific. Look for 5/4/2018

post, Part ID help needed. 

Thank you.  Looks exactly like the part...

Now that I have done the dealership's work for them, I can let them know where it goes.

Cheers

John

I couldn’t remember the name of the part, “baby tooth,” at the time, but you may want to check this out under maintenance. You the can tell Nissan that the “baby tooth” is the problem. You will probably get a blank look.