SebestaNV

275/55r20 (20+ os) what to do about tire warning light

So I am currently running 245/75r17 Cooper atw on stock rims on my HD3500SL 2x4 stock everything, and just purchased summer rims and tires, nitto terragrappler 275/55r20 on fuel Maverick 20s with a 20mm offset, now.... Those tires aren't LT rated the max psi is going to be 55ish.... I know that when I've had my rear tires not inflated to 80psi I get a tire light that comes on (error). 

So obviously I'm going to have that same issue when I mount these new wheels correct? I really don't tow anything so having the stiffer e rated tires wasn't important to me, and I've scoured the forum trying to find ppl that have talked about this issue,

So....should I have gone to an e rated tire size like LT265/65r20 or maybe even bigger with a 2" lift?

Or do you think that this setup will be just fine with what I have going on, and is there a way I can get the pcm reprogrammed to read 55psi in the rear so I don't throw internal codes? 

Go to Titan owners forum to see if they have a solution. We stopped at a dealership in Rockspring, WY when we had some issues with TPMS. He mentioned Titan owners were complaining about this. 

Try adding air to see what point the warning won’t come on. It may not need much. If you had e rated tires you wouldn’t have to worry about over inflation. 

Edited by radin2son

24 minutes ago, radin2son said:

Go to Titan owners forum to see if they have a solution. We stopped at a dealership in Rockspring, WY when we had some issues with TPMS. He mentioned Titan owners were complaining about this. 

Try adding air to see what point the warning won’t come on. It may not need much. If you had e rated tires you wouldn’t have to worry about over inflation. 

I will look into Titan forums, I get the tire/rim package in about a week so when I put them on I'll post before and after in tires section so people can see what my setup looks like for reference. I did think about going with a LT275/65r20 E rating but I was worried about clearance issues with the larger tire and I didn't want to go any smaller with the setup too get that rating. My plan is to go 4x4 conv with 2" lift here this summer as long as this covid thing doesn't get much worse. I will try inflation adjustment to see if it shuts off error. Thanks for the reply.

IMG-20200403-WA0006.jpg

I always just got used to the fact that when I switched to the winter set the light would be on.  And when I switched back to the spring set the light would continue to be one because of the tire rotation without doing the extremely complicated steps of resetting the system.  I just ignored it ?‍♂️

-Andy.