BLKR6

Hi new to Nissan NV community

Hi All. My name is Anthony from Virginia. I just purchased a NV2500 V8 with 130k miles. Ran in to her during pandemic boredom facebook market place browsing. Next few weeks I'll be transforming her in to a man cave. I will be using this van to store my tools and transporting my motorcycles. 

20200419_154031.jpg

Welcome. Keep posting photos. 

11 hours ago, radin2son said:

Welcome. Keep posting photos. 

Yes definitely 

@andy_george I have few motorcycles. 

Yamaha Roadstar to old Honda CBs. 

Awesome.  My brother had a CB1000 years ago that I rode a few times.  We raced in the early 2000’s on an R6.   Always good times!  

11 hours ago, andy_george said:

Awesome.  My brother had a CB1000 years ago that I rode a few times.  We raced in the early 2000’s on an R6.   Always good times!  

I had a 2005 R6 for 10 years. One of the best motorcycles I have ever owned. Many crashes, track days and also used as a commuter bike. 

I've already crashed my 10r twice and it's still on break in oil.  Track mule.  We are getting back to it next month.  Riverside county CA has ok'd track days and racing so Chuckwalla is on.  Also Buttonwillow is apparently a go.

Lol, I’m jealous of you both!  My riding days are behind me, as the wife suggested I stick to 4 wheels so I could take the family more often lol.

7 hours ago, aztec said:

I've already crashed my 10r twice and it's still on break in oil.  Track mule.  We are getting back to it next month.  Riverside county CA has ok'd track days and racing so Chuckwalla is on.  Also Buttonwillow is apparently a go.

Wow. I need to buy a sport bike again. Miss track days and the thrill of a sport bike. 

5 hours ago, andy_george said:

Lol, I’m jealous of you both!  My riding days are behind me, as the wife suggested I stick to 4 wheels so I could take the family more often lol.

That's why I'm dragging my single life as long as I can. Once I reach that point I'll rather have a "happy wife happy life" status. 

1 hour ago, BLKR6 said:

That's why I'm dragging my single life as long as I can. Once I reach that point I'll rather have a "happy wife happy life" status. 

Been married 30 years.  It can be done.

OK. Where are the photos, past and present? Make sure your NV is in the photo...

Edited by radin2son

They only photos I take are of print I have to zoom in to read. lol  That thumbnail is all I have left of that Desmo image.  The guy who took it is long gone.  Maybe somewhere I have a bigger one.  Made me famous for a 15 minutes.

palomari.jpg

dimage.jpg

Edited by aztec

We didn’t have the NV during my racing days, unfortunately.  But here’s some racing pics just so I feel cool again lol. Top 2 are my Suzuki SV650 I sprint raced (me in the middle) and the bottom is the R6 we endurance raced.  

Our garage is lined up with dusty trophies that hold an incredible amount of great memories ❤️

E05FCF27-B43F-44A1-BEA9-5B1528BA6B36.jpeg

39579403-308D-4EC9-AFB8-7CBBB76EF613.jpeg

C1AE4566-C2F8-4E62-A1F1-ABD435587B4D.jpeg

What's an NV?  Is that the new Kawasaki? ?

Wow I love the pictures! 

2 hours ago, aztec said:

What's an NV?  Is that the new Kawasaki? ?

Yes it is.

andy-george drives  his NV like it is, even when towing. 

Not bad at all...

Track days and racing should be posted under events. Might just wake up this site!

What's needed to wake up this site is for Nissan to build crappy vans like the Transit.  Then everyone will need the community knowledge base to address solutions to the design failures which plague those vans.  

True. Maybe more entertaining...

Can anyone guess what year BLKR6’s van is. Possibly a 2012-13 SV? 

Wife's daily driver, 2015 with 20"/+20 os Maverick fuels wrapped in grappler g2s, scaled at 7200# with family loaded,  putting on rear nitto exo grappler  LT275/55r20 for towing as we just bought our first camper at 8220#. Will get pics all loaded up.

2 adults, 5 kids, 2 English mastiffs 

20200410_200830.jpg

On 4/29/2020 at 11:09 AM, radin2son said:

True. Maybe more entertaining...

Can anyone guess what year BLKR6’s van is. Possibly a 2012-13 SV? 

Mine is 2012