BCTony

What wheel and tire?

Hi – I have just bought a NV2500 V8 with High Roof awaiting completion from the dealer. I am looking for information and advice as to how to fit-out for camping and fishing. I should point out that sleeping and living facilities in the van are secondary to being able to carry and have readily available the mountain of gear I deem necessary. I shall be driving long distances on highway and then off-road for the final few miles to destination.

Electronic 4 x 4 conversion is in the plan together with 3” lift. From what I can gather having researched everything I can find 285x70x17 with 18 degree offset is the biggest tire you can go without interfering with the sliding side door – and that is with the stock rim. Comment on this would be appreciated. Also - what about with 18” rims? I am looking for a balance of good highway performance (smooth ride and no undue noise) coupled with off-road capability.